Radio code

harrycatcat1

I have a 2005 ML and been out this afternoon and the radio worked fine. Been out a few minutes ago and tried to turn the radio on and all it said was "code" on the radio.

Question where do I find the code?

Anybody any ideas???

Regards

Hcc

could be on top of the radio or in the hand book

A dealer may tell you, their system will probably know the code for the radio fitted to your vehicle. They may not tell you for free though...

It's worth checking it's not in the owners handbook.

It might be possible to find out by removing the radio and taking the serial number, and then to find out online - I've done this with Ford radios, I have a program where I just input the serial number and it tells me the code. Might be something similar for the unit in your vehicle.

As always Pigeon Watch wealth of information helps again, I have just looked in the depths of the handbook and found the number and also how to do it, I did not fancy driving 2 hours on Monday to go wildfowling at 04.00 without a radio.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply and I owe you a pint if I see you :good:

Regards

Hcc

i would look into why the radio lost a code , they usually only lose a code if the battery is disconnected . you may have a dodgy plug on your radio or a dodgy fuse box or loom , just a thought

I know what you are saying but with with this model and year allsorts goes wrong with the electrics so it does not surprise me at all, its renowned for electrical gremlins. I just put up with them I could list them but you would die of boredom. Thanks. :good:

I know what you are saying but with with this model and year allsorts goes wrong with the electrics so it does not surprise me at all, its renowned for electrical gremlins. I just put up with them I could list them but you would die of boredom. Thanks. :good:

yip that is very true , you know them well then!! i could show you a list of them too on star diagnostics . could be worse you could own a range rover out of warranty . HA HA ..

yip that is very true , you know them well then!! i could show you a list of them too on star diagnostics . could be worse you could own a range rover out of warranty . HA HA ..

Yes that's what I thought mate about the Range Rover, I would have loved one but too many gremlins even for me. I have to admit I do like the ML even with the electric bits playing up.

ps the radio is up and running again, for how long I don't know though :hmm:

Thanks again :good:

Yes that's what I thought mate about the Range Rover, I would have loved one but too many gremlins even for me. I have to admit I do like the ML even with the electric bits playing up.

ps the radio is up and running again, for how long I don't know though :hmm:

Thanks again :good:

Only today it would not unlock for me with the remote to get my gun out of the back at a pheasant shoot so had to unlock it with the key, the alarm went off when I opened the door, until I put the key into the ignition and started it, flippin nuisance at times. :hmm:

I have a 2005 ML and been out this afternoon and the radio worked fine. Been out a few minutes ago and tried to turn the radio on and all it said was "code" on the radio.

Question where do I find the code?

Anybody any ideas???

Regards

Hcc

Can you give me the radio name and model number and serial and I should be able to get you a code ;)

Can you give me the radio name and model number and serial and I should be able to get you a code ;)

ooops just seen you got it sorted.