Young son done me proud

Davyo

My 7yr old got his 1st gun ,the new BSA ULTRA SE(Thanks Bradford &Stalker for your time & advise), been out shooting with me since he was 4.After a couple of weeks shooting on paper finaly took him to the roost a set him up under a tree with a nice branch at just the right hight to use as a rest.He got in 20 shots @ ended up bagging 2. His face was a picture.

Edited by Davyo

Well done. I really enjoy going shooting with my lad. Good Dad Son bonding stuff too. Enjoy!

Thanks its mint for him, as the gun light & compact with no barrel to break, and no recoil at all, simple bolt and safty catch.Pigeons didnt even lift its that quiet.Got him a diver bootle so he can shoot his little heart out.

What a cracking start with his own gun as well nice one. And he looks so proud good luck to u both

Im in favour of airguns first before they try any bigger guns. Safety first.

Happy shooting to you both

Thanks, my other son started at 6 and then moved over to 12g at 11, and puts in for his FAC in feb 2013 for .22 rimmy, they both used to come with me decoying when young picking up,Ben like a spaniel, he will go in nettles and anything lol, now they shoot & i pick up.

Edited by Davyo

You know the next thing will be " Dad i need a four ten". My son is fifteen and has been out with me

for three years now and shoots a 20g o/u now. His interest in my old 12g gun sparked me back into shooting

after hardly any shooting for fifteen years. We now love it and get out as much as wee can. One tip is to

keep a shooting log of what he has shot and when, and with what gun. Record his firsts. ie: woodie,crow,rabbit etc

Ive kept mine up since the seventies and it makes interesting reading. I also keep a total of each quarry. Its a small

book about 5"x4" and takes about a couple of minutes to fill in after a shoot.