Opinion on .410 mossberg hushpower

alendil

Wouldn't be without mine. Realise the limitations of the calibre, stick to a 25 yard kill zone and you will drop them every time. The 20g is WAY to big and cumbersome. I prefered the synthetic as the wood just seems tacky and cheap looking.

Edited by turbo33

I love mine. Would prefer a synthetic but may just stain the wood to make it darker. It's great on the bunnies and very light to carry with you on a long walk. I stuck a slightly stretchy sling on mine and bulked up the bottom of the mag tube with tape so that I can clip on a lamp.

so if things will go well tonight i am going to pick mossberg .410 hush pump.

and some time down the road will start loading my own ammo.

am also on a search for dealers near me, that have one in stock for my xmas pressie, want to start homeloading too, let us know how you get on with both

if it's a full hushpower, then they recommend fibre wads only, have heard of people using plastic wads, but then you need to check the barrel after each shot, in case plastic has caught on the holes in barrel, and if your doing that, having the three shot is pointless, you may as well have a single shot one

so cartridge wise your then limited to those that use fibre wads, eley is the only one I have found so far, all other seem to use plastic

if it's a full hushpower, then they recommend fibre wads only, have heard of people using plastic wads, but then you need to check the barrel after each shot, in case plastic has caught on the holes in barrel, and if your doing that, having the three shot is pointless, you may as well have a single shot one

so cartridge wise your then limited to those that use fibre wads, eley is the only one I have found so far, all other seem to use plastic

hello mate, i have a 20g hushpower and rang up saddelry to ask the very same question, they said when they first started the hushpowers it was fibre wad only and the new ones it doesnt matter, but then said even the old ones should be fine with either as they said to use fibres just incase, but after all this time no one has had problems.. i use cheapest i can get at the time im in shop lol...if in doubt ring em up ..... all the best steve

SNAP, I just picked up the synthetic version, was very happy with price, the saddleary gun room had quote £599 wood stock, popped into essex gun, synthetic at £499 SOLD, I nearly tore his arm off,lol

also picked up a P7 led lazer torch, which I want to try fixing under the modded barrel, anyone got ideas or links to a suitable attachment?

Just for back from clays. Nice comfy gun to use. SO different to my 12 bores obviously. Girl friend liked it to. Only problem I found is it some times wouldn't eject first cartridge but putting that down to it being brand new so needs to loosen up bit and strip it and give it a damn good clean.

So i did pick up my gun but just have go at it last two days.it is lovely gun .light to walk about and extra lenght is not a problem.

my first shooting day - few buckets fill up with water and some cans. end of day two grey sqizers.

second day- some clays and supraizing it was good litle gun. did strugle on longer range clays but still cracking litle gun.

on tech stuff

3'' subsonic eley sound like standart 3'' lyalvale (size 6)

2,5'' eley (12,5 gr size 6) realy silent.

now i have to try 2,5 eley (12,5 gr in size 5)

any recomendations about ammo. is it good idea to get some size 7 1/2 ,8 or 9 in 3'' 18gr

• 8 years later...