drastic measures by tescos due to rough weather.

aister

http://www.bbc.co.uk...etland-20820222

The plane is making two landings today and two tomorrow, a bit OTT in my opinion but having said that I was in tescos on thursday and the fruit and veg shelves were empty.

The wind is really picking up here now, Some spectacular seas running in below our house just now. Photos cant do it justice but here is one from our bedroom window.

post-29954-0-79123900-1356187206_thumb.jpg

Thats a bit sea running there, pretty heavy with us in SE Scotland also. Spoke to someone who had been walking their dogs along the beach at Spittal on the mouth of the Tweed who reported seeing lots of dead lobsters washed up on the sand. Whether due to heavy seas or drowned by spate water who knows. Have you shot that 4 bore again this season?

Blackpowder

Thats a bit sea running there, pretty heavy with us in SE Scotland also. Spoke to someone who had been walking their dogs along the beach at Spittal on the mouth of the Tweed who reported seeing lots of dead lobsters washed up on the sand. Whether due to heavy seas or drowned by spate water who knows. Have you shot that 4 bore again this season?

Blackpowder

Not yet, hopefully get out with Robbie and his big guns over the holidays some time.

A few years ago, at this time of year, I spent four weeks in Lerwick due to weather; the ship I was on couldn't work due to a series of gales.

Hey, there's only so much you can do in Lerwick when you've absolutely nothing to do workwise and know nobody ashore, four weeks is just not funny!

Sunday papers arrived mid morning by 'plane, the magazines & supplements might come in in the afternoon by ship or later in the week if no ships running.

Worst of all, the ship (Danish) was "dry" so I had to pay pub prices for a drink or two in the evening to keep my sanity!

Having said that, I'd love to go back in summer and do the touristy bit.