Camo Gun Tape

dibbz2000

I want to get some of that camo tape for my Webley but if I put it on, as it likly to leave that sticky stuff after I take it off again? My stock and scope are immaculate at the minute, and I want them to stay that way. Any experiences with this stuff?

Heres the stuff I was gunna get.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...mMakeTrack=true

:D

Guys, Can I just ask if your really concerned about camo tape, why not use a camo cloth instead? I bought some dark green cloth material you wrap around your gun and then just tie it on with elastic bands or safety pins. That way...when your out shooting your gun is covered and protected, and when you get in you just slip the bands/covers off, bung them in the wash and your stock is fine! Just a thought....I got mine off Ebay, but you can improvise with any good cloth-material. To give u an idea what it looks like, think of Vacilli's rifle in Enemy at the gates (the movie).

-Andrew

Guys, Can I just ask if your really concerned about camo tape, why not use a camo cloth instead? I bought some dark green cloth material you wrap around your gun and then just tie it on with elastic bands or safety pins. That way...when your out shooting your gun is covered and protected, and when you get in you just slip the bands/covers off, bung them in the wash and your stock is fine! Just a thought....I got mine off Ebay, but you can improvise with any good cloth-material. To give u an idea what it looks like, think of Vacilli's rifle in Enemy at the gates (the movie).

-Andrew

I agree with TheSkyFox - a piece of ex-army scrim will only cost the same amount and is big enough for several rifles (and a face veil too). Wrap it round your gun and secure it with electical tape or similar (you can get it in green). You can even stick bits of foliage in it if you want.

When it rains - whip it off and dry it in the airing cupboard. Lasts forever and looks better than tape.

Badsworth

I've recently got hold of a couple of bits of scrim and wrapped them around my lightning. I did it in 3 parts to accomidate the scope and breaking action. it looked good but then i decided it should be better. I got an old dark baseball cap and used the remaining scrim to make a veil that attaches to the scope. Its amazing for lying in wait but not so good for stalking

I havent actually used it, but NoMar tape is apparently the best to use. I did consider giving it a go but then found myself questionsing if a camo airgun would really make much difference.

Anything that breaks up the outline is good. There are no straight lines in nature.

Rather than tape it is better to go for the scrim dangling off, rather like a ghille suit for guns ???

It will not make that much difference for rabbits as they work more on movement but for corvids and pigeons it is a must.

I do understand your point Snakebite, but surely, the only thing they get to see is the end of the muzzle, the bell of glass that is your scope, and one shooter behind it or not if you've done well. ???

I'd go with the scrim.

You dont need it.......................

Ive had rabbits about 6ft away from the end of my rifle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I let it live that long, it came from about 40 yds away........was interested to see how close it got.

I was in my ghillie suit.....as somene has said, they only see your barrel/mod end and the bell of the scope.

Suggest some ladies tights over the bell end.............ooeeerr.....just helps to prevent sun glare on the optic.

I do understand your point Snakebite, but surely, the only thing they get to see is the end of the muzzle, the bell of glass that is your scope, and one shooter behind it or not if you've done well. ???

I'd go with the scrim.

You dont need it.......................

Ive had rabbits about 6ft away from the end of my rifle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I let it live that long, it came from about 40 yds away........was interested to see how close it got.

I was in my ghillie suit.....as somene has said, they only see your barrel/mod end and the bell of the scope.

Suggest some ladies tights over the bell end.............ooeeerr.....just helps to prevent sun glare on the optic.

Thanks for reinfocing my point of "It will not make that much difference on rabbits but for corvids it is a must"