Targets

kip270

Hi Guy's,

I've been downloading and printing(wow i've used a lot of ink ??? ) off some paper target's and was wondering what paper target you prefer to zero on.

Think i must have printed off at least a hundred ??? different ones to keep as master copies, then will photocopy twenty of each.

A sheet of white A4 paper with a black target patch in the middle about 1" diameter.

Or an ornage post it note with a black dot in the middle.

You can download millions of different targets, but those will do what you need, you can use squared paper to help out with clicks if you need it.

Shoot N C's or Dirty Birds are great if you don't have a spotting scope or you are zeroing on your own.

A sheet of white A4 paper with a black target patch in the middle about 1" diameter.

Or an ornage post it note with a black dot in the middle.

You can download millions of different targets, but those will do what you need, you can use squared paper to help out with clicks if you need it.

Shoot N C's or Dirty Birds are great if you don't have a spotting scope or you are zeroing on your own.

I go one better...............get down to your stationery shop......pick up a pack of MULTI COLOURED labels, they do spots, stars, rectangles.............

Go for the 10mm sized spots, 30yds with the air rifle and you want to be putting 5 inside it..............

Ive tried all sorts mostly printing my own from MS Word. But last night tried some Shoot and See targets that SL bought wioth him. Baroing in mind it was at night and we were using our lamps, it was very good indeed. Well, good enough to see my 1/2" group at 100yards anyway. ???

Best thing about them is that they are supplied with repair patches so you can re-use them to some degree. I think SL paid about 3.50 for a pack of 50 or so from Bisley last time we were there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently building a disk with over 750 printable targets and much more (I wont disclose the secrets)

It will have a selection of propper zero targets on it.

If anyones interested or has any suggestions please PM me :/

My mentor showed me a very good zero target, I would put it up if I had it.. it had red squares allowing you to align the scopes reticles exactly the same each time, and black boxes of different sizes for the amount of scope clicks at a given range, so he had 3 targets. 100,200,300 yard sets. Wroked well with my little .222 at 100 yards, and his 6.5X284 at 300, blowing clouds of sand out the back of the target even at that range :/

I recently changed jobs and had a stack of old business cards which are now obsolete.

Stuck in a cleft stick these are really visible even in low light, don't flap about in the wind, and as they are white the impact marks are clearly visible through the scope.

To re-zero my CZ I set one up at 25 yards, one at 50 etc, and it was nice and easy.

I recently changed jobs and had a stack of old business cards which are now obsolete.

Stuck in a cleft stick these are really visible even in low light, don't flap about in the wind, and as they are white the impact marks are clearly visible through the scope.

To re-zero my CZ I set one up at 25 yards, one at 50 etc, and it was nice and easy.

lol :/

Reminds me of when we shot a full can of beer (only fosters) with a large rifle. It disintegrated, and we could smell this beer smell throughout the shooting are in the woods, but found only minimal bits of can. Good zero practice fosters is :/

For the .22 I use those hi vis yellow targets that leave a bright yellow mark on the POI. Usefull in low light, or 5AM zero sessions before an early morning hunt. Well worth the money

I became flavour of the month at home, when in my infinite wisdom I decided to shoot with my air rifle at the plastic clothes pegs on the washing line in the garden (Clothes not being on there :lol: ). First one, bang exploding plastic everywhere, gresat i thought I'll have some more of that, so preceded to shoot the whole lot. Missus killed me when she realised that she had nothing to hang the washing up with :good::lol:

I bought some (well actually just over 2000 in differing sizes and shapes) of those chalk target disks from our local shop, put them onto my homemade spinner stand and preceded to have them explode everywhere. Now that's fun :good::P

In the field with my air rifle, i have paced out to a dandelion or some other such thing and ensure zero is ok. Mushrooms are good they explode. Oops starting to see a pattern here :/:P:/:P