Simluated game days

Lancs Lad

I couldn't quite work out exactly what qualifies as a simulated game day - I thought the purpose of all clays was to simulate game.

Next time you go to your local clay ground, get your mate to press the trap release button like a rabid loony for 5 minutes at a time, then have him send you a bill charged at £1 / per clay and voila, you have enjoyed a simulated game experience.

Next time you go to your local clay ground, get your mate to press the trap release button like a rabid loony for 5 minutes at a time, then have him send you a bill charged at £1 / per clay and voila,

Try £25 per bird shot, and you will be approaching simulating real game prices.

The clay equivalent is dirt cheap by comparison.

Next time you go to your local clay ground, get your mate to press the trap release button like a rabid loony for 5 minutes at a time, then have him send you a bill charged at £1 / per clay and voila,

£100 for 4 birds...Jeeeezus

£100 for 4 birds...Jeeeezus

I worked out the cost for the last "invite" that I had.............................poor guy spent around £650.........more than 300 birds between 8 guns........................

THANKS VERY MUCHLY>..

Thimbleby in N Yorks has a canny layout for simulated game.

Cost £18 for 80 clays last time i was there.

The birds come from behind trees - over hills - through gulleys etc etc etc.

10 stands to shoot but we shot 8 that day and had a heap of fun :)

They use differing siz clays too to catch you out as you perceive them to be STANDARD clays at distance and they are not :lol:

I tend to get a friend at the clay ground to press the button on the trap when HE feels like it to mimic walked up or driven game.

I get more than i miss and it makes a change from DTL :)

LG

I tend to get a friend at the clay ground to press the button on the trap when HE feels like it to mimic walked up or driven game.

I get more than i miss and it makes a change from DTL :)

LG

One thing we used to do is with an electric DTL trap, is have a zig zag path marked out across the DLT layout and have 1 gun at a time walk the path and the trapper (button pusher) behind the gun trapping when he feels like it (ie quick doubles) or single then when gun is reloading ect ect.

Also have tried a team flush with on team of 4 trapping 4 traps behind the guns, and from first shout of ready the trappers have to deceide to do singles double, all together, ect ect.

Trev

• 2 weeks later...
Around here it would be £150 or so. Worth every penny in my book as the birds keep coming and coming. You can't reload fast enough :D

Don't bother with the birds coming thead mung :)

LB

Our club holds them and costs £99 per gun plus carts-i got through 750! 5 drives & finished off with a 600 bird flush (the flush was optional as you didn't have a loader, and was an extra £20) Good fun!! :lol:

• 2 months later...
Thimbleby in N Yorks has a canny layout for simulated game.

Cost £18 for 80 clays last time i was there.

The birds come from behind trees - over hills - through gulleys etc etc etc.

10 stands to shoot but we shot 8 that day and had a heap of fun :no:

They use differing siz clays too to catch you out as you perceive them to be STANDARD clays at distance and they are not :lol:

I get more than i miss and it makes a change from DTL :/

LG

Hi LG, do you have a contact number for Thimbleby, fancy a go at simulated game.