Cheap Telescopic Tripod Shooting Sticks.

Frenchieboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doing that today a some stage,did you cut yours down to 1metre like frenchie showed on vid or did you do them to suit you style of shooting.

Sat here in connny watching 4 magpies attacking the young birds (wish i had my scope on the airarms i could of got a few) damn it.

Edited by THE AD

Doing that today a some stage,did you cut yours down to 1metre like frenchie showed on vid or did you do them to suit you style of shooting.

Sat here in connny watching 4 magpies attacking the young birds (wish i had my scope on the airarms i could of got a few) damn it.

The legs are cut to 32in, I made them just high enough to shoot when standing.I wanted to keep them as compact as I could .I was out last night for a couple of hrs and took 16 rabbits of the sticks. I tend to set them to height and walk with them like a staff & when I spot a bunny I just kick the front leg out & im on the sticks ready to squeese the trigger. I never go without them.When they are compact total height is 38in spot on for sitting outside burrows.Good tip is to have the front leg longer so the row lock and back legs are always straight up& down if you know what I mean. Edited by Davyo

Just knocked a couple more set up for mates using Frenchiboy design,seems everyone who has ago of them wants a set making,made 11 in total to date.Just a couple of pics to show the height range from sitting to standing.Found a good cheap source for the rowlocks £6.96 a pair with £2.99 deliery £9.94 all in delivery within 2 days,company called H2o Kayaks Ltd on Amazon Marketplace.The green poles are sourced from Wilkinsons (twist lock telescopic) £2.99 each & small gate hinge £1.25 pair at Maxwells DIY& 1 pack 6 bolts £1.25 (total cost to build 1 is £15.82.

Edited by Davyo

Just make for friends & as Frenchiboy would not accept anything for the rowlock he sent me,he suggested making a donation to charity so likewise,the people that i have made these for have all donated to charity.

Edited by Davyo

• 1 month later...

These look amazing and just what I need as have been thinking what sort to buy for the last few weeks. Just wished I was not a complete disaster at making things.

Does Davyo or anyone else fancy making me a set of these? Ill onviously pay for parts, postage and your time and effort.

I'd have a go at them myself but i would seriously make a right hash of it and any money spent on parts would be a total waste. I have spent so much money I little projects in the past only for the lot to end up in the bin. I just don't even bother starring now as I know it will only end up one way ha ha

Col

Like the THE AD say have a go 'Frenchi boys' design is brilliant and so easy to do.but If you get stuck i can poss sort you out,but i am waiting for some more row locks coming at the moment so could be some weeks.

Cheers guys, I'll have a go as soon as I get a chance. I'm moving house in a couple weeks so wont get much time the next few weeks but will have a crack at it as soon as I can and will post a photo of the monstrocity I have created once complete.

Really looking forward to using some of these as keep popping out in the vening after a few bunnies and my success rate is rather limited when I have to try and creap over to the nearest fence post for a good old lean Ha ha

Col

• 3 weeks later...

Col. Wheres the photo of the sticks you made??

Not had chance yet mate. Moving house this weekend and have been so have had all the usual to sort out as well as being flat out at work. Hopefully over the next few weeks this will settle back down to normality and I will crack on with the sticks.

I have been keeping my eye out for some decent telescopic washing line p[oles in various shops but cant seem to find any light enough. Anyone know the best place to pick these up?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Right finally got my Wilkinson twist lock sticks on order (there is no store local to me so have ordered them online) Just need to order my row lock and then pick up my pipe lagging and bolts from local DIY store and i should be good to go next week. I'll trace back up this thread as I think one of you kind fellows posted a link to somewhere i can buy one of these little beauties.

I will keep you updated and post a pic or two of my contraption once complete :|

Col

I'm surprised that this thread is still active and people are finding the bipod usefull, for once maybe I got something right. I have to say that I still take mine out when stalking or lamping and believe that they are a great aid to my shooting accuracy. For the extendable clothes line props it is always useful to keep a look out not only on your local Wilkinsons or T J Hughes Stores but also your local Pound or 99 Pence shops, they sometimes have them but they can be a little on the thin/flimsy side - I brought 6 of these thinner ones and used them for lightweight hide poles.

It will be interesting to see what alterations/modifications (If any) members have done to improve these bipods!

• 2 weeks later...

Ollie just watch Frenchiboys vid a couple of times, you cant go wrong.Just dinit get put off by his jumper LOL, Frenchiboy did you get that pullover for xmas?

Nout wrong with that jumper Dave, when you get to my age you look for things that are "practical" rather than fashionable! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Anyway you're only jelous cos your Nan didn't give you one just like it for a Chrizzie Prezzy last year! :lol::lol::lol: