Pigeon Shooting Over Rape

Elby

my twopence worth as well

i like most other shooters work stupid hours at work and do not have much time to go shooting even though we love the sport i can not get permission from a local farmer to shoot his land as he would want me to shoot vermin when its there not just on a saturday or sunday when it suits me so as i see it if someone with permission will let me on there land and have a days shooting for £50 when i can get the time well thats what i would pay i spend that at a clay shoot in a few hours for me pigeon shooting is also a great day out in the field looking at nature and enjoying my day i of course would love not to pay but people have a living to make if you dont like the prices then dont go just a personal observation jody if you want to haggle on prices dont do it on an open forum pm the person involved. by doing it open it gives everyone the green light to do the same and elby no choise but to say no he could of course still say no on a pm but it is a better personal way to do business also to elby i do understand your stance and in your position i would do the same but by saying feel free to use someone else makes you sound unapproachable and i do know by all the positive comments that i have read over a long time that you are a nice guy and do give good value for money a simple sorry but that is the price would have been better

I appreciate what you're saying nobby and agree I could have handled it better.

I seem to get a lot of flack everytime I put and ad on here and because the comment was on the open forum and not by pm it prompted my response.

I do find the whole "not paying to shoot vermin" thing a bit strange, many people shoot deer with me and my ads for deer never bring negative responses.

Deer damage crops too but are obviously not classed as vermin.

Personally I would rather have a day at the pigeon than pheasant yet people (myself included in the past) spend fortunes shooting game.

I really don't understand why the mods don't delete all these negative posts.

This section of the forum is for shooting available - there are plenty of other sections for whoever wants to have a good moan to fill their boots with like minded individuals.

Whether it's £50 or £5000 is irrelevant, it costs what it costs

If you don't want to pay dont pay - simples!

Without guys like Les i'd never get out - busy life, no time to go knocking on doors etc (and yes i've been out with him on a day and thoroughly enjoyed it)

I've also paid 3 times what Les is offering and also had a good day - my choice what i want to pay and where i go

Lets be honest here - at £50 with fuel prices, kit price let alone his time he isn't exactly having your Keks down is he!

Lay off!!

• 2 weeks later...

There are far too many people knocking people who are offering paid for shooting on this forum .

There are many who rely on this for the only shooting they get , its quite simple if you don't agree with it don't post , I bet without exception those knocking it have plenty of land to shoot over and I would also bet if they lost that land within a few months they would be considering paying for shooting .

swissy 2pence worth what the hell

elby who care"s what the penny pinches on here think iv spent grands driving about doing ground work all the knock backs, kicks in teeth and all that iv took lads out for a few quid and others off here for free for company for me you offer a good service on here 50 quid is nothing now a days spend that on a night out .

Or 2 packs of bullets its not ebay or ill give you 20 quid and a pound a week till its paid off ladys so give the guy a break or you will lose a good member who offers a lot on here for lads with nothing

simples......

swiss

I can also add that paying for shooting is the only way for some people to get out in the field.

Further more, I am self employed and i loose at least £200 a day to go shooting so I want to know that I am being put on the birds for best results.

I cant afford to watch and wait just in case.

All the members who offer this sort of opportunity are offering a great service that should be valued by all.

If you don't like don't do it but stay off the backs of those that can and will.

Arm chair heros are what ruin things for others.

HB

Edited by Hopper Bopper

£50 I HEAR U SAY .......

An absolute bargsin just ask a shooter who puts up ads for permission to shoot land they would bite ur hsnd off for an opportunity. Im lucky enough to get all my shooting for free but would still pay £50 for a day on the woodies on new grounds. You cant beat new scenery keep it up ELBY good luck fella