Another sharing permision thread

Cosd

We always read and talk about bad experiences when we bump into other shooters that we wasn't aware shoot the same permision. Well here's one with a difference.

A couple of weeks ago when sitting in the hide I noticed a Land Rover pull up next to where I was parked just outside the farm gate. A chap climbed over the gate and started walking towards me so I went and met him half way. He was an elderly chap and introduced himself saying he also shot this farm plus many others in the area. We chatted a while and exchanged numbers saying we should let each other know when we are out to keep the birds moving etc.

Whilst out again yesterday and sitting in the car waiting for a roost shoot with my buddy, this guy pulled up outside the gate again. So again we had a chat and I introduced him to my shooting buddy. To cut a long story short, after talking guns, shooting and equipment for half hour or so he ended up giving us some home load cartridges to try out on our roost shoot and invited us to shoot over at his permisions which we don't have permision for!

I just thought I'd share this good experience.......

Cheers lads. I've been very fortunate in that I've never had an issue with other shooters, but this guy seems genuinely a nice guy. He didn't have to invite us to shoot on his permissions at all and by the sounds of it its not a one time only offer.

Very pleased and feel very lucky too.