Simulated game shoot hertfordshire

Not about pure acreage. Just look at Figgy's shoot, Redbournbury and Almshoe or even Codicote but granted that is toilet. There's not much in way of terrain (apart from the bunkers) and you've got the greens to be mindful of as well as the locals.

Given that the land is a pitch and putt, sorry, 9 hole golf course, you'd not be able to leave much in the way of stands or fixtures for the traps (platforms etc to give some variation) so everything has to come out every time and be dragged around the course. Sporting doesn't work there.

A flush/flurry is much easier to set up but limits the shooting. I'd be interested to see how the simulated game shoot idea translates.

Without sounding too negative, have you thought about a compak layout as well as or on its own?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have come this far ,dont pack in now.It will be as good as you want it to be.

I now have the option on two peices of land to clay shoot on, one near Bishops Stortford and another in Herts they will both be 100 bird shoots.I will wait to see how you get on as i dont want to tread on any toes.

you have come this far ,dont pack in now.It will be as good as you want it to be.

I now have the option on two peices of land to clay shoot on, one near Bishops Stortford and another in Herts they will both be 100 bird shoots.I will wait to see how you get on as i dont want to tread on any toes.

go for it :good: :good: .It wont be as good as i want it to be it will be as good as the critics on here !!!!

Hope it all goes ok for you mate

No one actual golf

So are we saying this is going to be on the Harpenden road, just after the actual golf course, before the left turn down to Brewhouse Hill? It looks like a field of rape from my window ;)

no on actual golf course

• 2 weeks later...

Last I heard, everything was quite positive.

FEO been and checked, given the all clear. Land owner more than happy. I think traps have been bought and tested.

So on the face of it, it's just a date we're waiting for. I'm looking forward to it. Always good to try somewhere new...and close.

Come on Peter, don't leave us hanging :)

Come on Peter, surely you have some dates in mind so people can get things pencilled in?

Possible dates for a sweepstake. 10th, 17th or 24th March, 14th, 21st or 28th April. I'm going 14th April.

Would be crazy to do it on a Saturday, wouldn't want to upset the golfers or same day as Redbournbury. Equally as mad to run it on Almshoe days or Easter Sunday.