Remington 1100

taffygun

You won't go wrong if you get one, had mine from my uncle who bought in the 60's and it has never let me down. Mine has the cutter and screw in chokes :lol:

Only thing i did find was that it wouldn't shoot the lighter shells, so i had the port holes drilled out and now it will cycle with much lighter loads :lol:

There's one for sale in Lincoln.....£300 or reasonable offer...(it's not anybody on here is it..??)

So far pretty much all good reports for these then.....might just give the guy a bell and see if he'll post to RFD....thanx lads....keep the opinions coming....wanna see if anyone has bad dealings with them...

An excellent semi-auto had a 20g one for ages also check out the 11-87 (got 2 of them) basically same gun but just as good if not better in my opinion. Never let you down as long as they well cleaned after every use.

Crow

i had 3 of them and never cleaned them but never let me down

I did find with the 20g that after substantial amounts of shooting it could jam if not cleaned, thus I carried this on with the 2 11-87 Only takes a few mins to clean so don’t mind doing it, as well as the fact that one of the 11-87’s is a brand new 3 1/2inch chambered SPS super magnum which I do like to keep clean lol.

Glad to see some people like remmys, much better then all the other semi’s :)

Crow

Personally I would steer clear of any cheap new semi-auto unless u want it to fall apart in 2-3 years. I know of bad tails of cheap semi’s which jam and are delivered faulty. Keep to the better makes remmy, browning, beretta, winchester ect…. I my self am a remmy fan and would not swap them for any other semi but the other well know makes are also ok and will not let you down. Its just the feel of the gun and what feels right for you when you mount it.

Crow