open ticket ??? how to tell

Jim c

hi just got my fac back after putting in for a variation and im unsure weather im on an open ticket now? what would it say if its a closed ticket? Wouldnt it say i can shot land the fao officer says ? As mine says shall be used on land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot

Can any one help

thanks jim

hi just got my fac back after putting in for a variation and im unsure weather im on an open ticket now? what would it say if its a closed ticket? Wouldnt it say i can shot land the fao officer says ? As mine says shall be used on land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot

Can any one help

thanks jim

sorry to jump on your post,i just got mine ,and it says,the 22rf and 22rf ammunition shall be used for shooting vermin and ground game and for zeroing on ranges,or land deemed suitible by the chief officer of police for the area were the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot, so this is close i take it cheers

...and whilst we are at it and we all have an understanding of what Open or Closed means, in this politically correct age we are being moved to the terms Restricted and Unrestricted!

I wonder how much they paid some marketing company for that gem, and what for? :hmm: :hmm:

Basically open doesn't place any restrictions on where you can shoot.

Semi-closed says 'land cleared by the chief of police'

Truly closed would be 'land belonging to Mr Farmer Giles'

Semi-closed allows you to shoot other land so long as you are sure it has been cleared (eg a friends permission).

The bit about 'lawful authority to shoot' is rubbish because you couldn't use any firearm if you didn't!

Some forces have everyone treated like an adult and give 'open' certs to all FAC holders.

...and whilst we are at it and we all have an understanding of what Open or Closed means, in this politically correct age we are being moved to the terms Restricted and Unrestricted!

I wonder how much they paid some marketing company for that gem, and what for? :hmm: :hmm:

I believe that Lancashire have this covered now as they used to print just "Open" but now they print "Open - Experienced"!

I have to admit that I agree with the previous post by DaveK, FAC holders really ought to be able to understand the conditions on their tickets!

It amazes me that someone with an FAC doesn't understand the content of it. This happens with alarming regularity. ???

I would tend to agree, it is obviously very important the holder should understand any terms/conditions on their FAC.

I have a slight niggle at the back of my mind though, many regions invent phrases and apply conditions in strange ways and I'm sure this can lead to confusion, I am not defending anyone here, because if anyone is not 100% sure what their FAC says they should ask their region, but inconsistancy of terminology or even application of Firearms Law nationally doesn't help! :good:

For instance, Frenchieboy above, Open and Open Experienced PRINTED? That's a new one to me, what exactly does that mean?

I believe that Lancashire have this covered now as they used to print just "Open" but now they print "Open - Experienced"!

I have to admit that I agree with the previous post by DaveK, FAC holders really ought to be able to understand the conditions on their tickets!

Hi Frenchieboy, as my post above, what on earth is this about, Open, Open Experienced, and are you saying this is Printed on the FAC?

Cheers! :good:

Another thing to be remembered its the calibre and rifle in question that is unrestricted(opened) and not just the conditions of the FAC. A future variation may well be of a close condition even though other existing rifles are on an open condition. This is usually the case when going from a rimfire to a centrefire, but as always its postcode dependant as with mentoring etc.