Pigs to slaughter

rimfire4969

Top stuff can't beat home produced pork, we have our last 4 of the year booked in for Monday they are all old spots. Do you sell your pork? and if so i would be interested on how much you charge, also what do you pay for slaughter/butchering as the last lot we sent seemed to be expensive! Pm me if you would rather.

Cheers

Can't remember exact costs, but my last 2 were cut up with a family of 4 in mind for joint size and a few big joints for when we have guests, chops, loins, half a side bacon all off cuts and heads made into 3 varieties of sausages. I get all the meat packed and labeled up in separate packs. Cost about £150.00 including slaughter and delivery.

Last lot I took we're £30 each to be slaughtered and butchered, one pig used belly as is the other belly pork went with both heads and hocks for sausages.

That is very cheap, mine cost half that just to slaughter them.

Can't remember exact costs, but my last 2 were cut up with a family of 4 in mind for joint size and a few big joints for when we have guests, chops, loins, half a side bacon all off cuts and heads made into 3 varieties of sausages. I get all the meat packed and labeled up in separate packs. Cost about £150.00 including slaughter and delivery.

Cheers, the last 2 we sent which 1 was jointed and the other was made into sausages and bacon/gammon cost us £200. So as sausage making and bacon curing pushes the price up i suppose it wasn't as bad as i first thought.

Just butchered 2 pigs today. They cost £17.50 to slaughter and I think they charge about £10 for cutting and bagging. £ 200 is I think WAY too much.

Tomorrow will be sausage day...

The one pigy was 220 lb + huge beast nice looking pork..

You finally got over the Croatian pig meat hangover then..??!! :) I've only managed the odd sausage and bit of bacon...

Edited by twitchynik

Just butchered 2 pigs today. They cost £17.50 to slaughter and I think they charge about £10 for cutting and bagging. £ 200 is I think WAY too much.

Tomorrow will be sausage day...

The one pigy was 220 lb + huge beast nice looking pork..

That is cheaper than i can get around here! slaughter is £25 alone :no:

That is cheaper than i can get around here! slaughter is £25 alone :no:

Sorry i didnt realise you had yours made into sausage,and some cure'd, incedently how long did it take for the cure ???

Someone asked me if i could do sausage with there's but it would cost them extra for the time and ingrdients,

Twitchynik<<<

I tell you i could not have faced eating Bloody PIG after that session in Croatia, I would rather eat Quorn Burgers :lol: :lol:

Ready for this year, i'm taking a load of marmite and brown sauce, Oh! and some packet soups :lol:

Sorry i didnt realise you had yours made into sausage,and some cure'd, incedently how long did it take for the cure ???

We normally get the bacon back 3-4 weeks after they go to slaughter, expensive but it does taste fantastic :lol:

Does anybody sell half pigs all butchered and bagged? if so what do they get for them? I have sold the ones heading to slaughter Monday for £140 a half, this is as joints/sausage/bacon, they normally kill out at about 75-80 kg

Ben and you using the westbery slaughter house? the one with the butchers shop on front, if so then there bl00dy expensive. i buy bork belly or shoulder fr venison sausages and burgers. i tried them once and for 20lb of scraps it cost £40, i go else where now or add more fallow fat to the mix.

if anyone knows where i can get cheap scraps it would be good, minced would be great but i have a big mincing machine if need be

ATB

Phil.

Ben and you using the westbery slaughter house? the one with the butchers shop on front, if so then there bl00dy expensive. i buy bork belly or shoulder fr venison sausages and burgers. i tried them once and for 20lb of scraps it cost £40, i go else where now or add more fallow fat to the mix.

if anyone knows where i can get cheap scraps it would be good, minced would be great but i have a big mincing machine if need be

ATB

Phil.

No Phil, not the Westbury one. It is Broomhalls at Eastington, it may be worth ringing them for offcuts they may well be able to help. Do you still fancy a flight on the river this season? if so i will try to get a date sorted.

Cheers

We normally get the bacon back 3-4 weeks after they go to slaughter, expensive but it does taste fantastic :lol:

Does anybody sell half pigs all butchered and bagged? if so what do they get for them? I have sold the ones heading to slaughter Monday for £140 a half, this is as joints/sausage/bacon, they normally kill out at about 75-80 kg

That is the sort of money I sell mine for, but these 2 are for my own and family.

That is the sort of money I sell mine for, but these 2 are for my own and families use.

No Phil, not the Westbury one. It is Broomhalls at Eastington, it may be worth ringing them for offcuts they may well be able to help. Do you still fancy a flight on the river this season? if so i will try to get a date sorted.

Cheers

Would love to but your a busy man, so I haven't hassled.

Im looking for 20lb of pork as I have a fallow hanging waiting to turn to burgers. any idea on prices?

ATB

Phil

• 1 month later...

Top stuff can't beat home produced pork, we have our last 4 of the year booked in for Monday they are all old spots. Do you sell your pork? and if so i would be interested on how much you charge, also what do you pay for slaughter/butchering as the last lot we sent seemed to be expensive! Pm me if you would rather.

Cheers

Just an update on prices. I picked up my bacon / gammon yesterday and paid my bill, here is a breakdown for those who want to compare with what they are charged.

Slaughter (includes delivery) £21.00 per pig

Pig preparation (cutting to my spec. bagging and labelling)£0.44 per kilo

Sausages £2.42 per kilo

Bacon £2.64 per kilo

So my last two cost me £152.88 with 14 kgs of bacon and 10kgs of sausage into the freezer.

I will be interested to see what others pay.

Just an update on prices. I picked up my bacon / gammon yesterday and paid my bill, here is a breakdown for those who want to compare with what they are charged.

Slaughter (includes delivery) £21.00 per pig

Pig preparation (cutting to my spec. bagging and labelling)£0.44 per kilo

Sausages £2.42 per kilo

Bacon £2.64 per kilo

So my last two cost me £152.88 with 14 kgs of bacon and 10kgs of sausage into the freezer.

I will be interested to see what others pay.

That is about the same as i have just paid, just finished a wicked roasted gammon :good:. All the pork i have sold this year has had rave reviews and i have a lot of orders for next years already.

Of the last lot i had 1 pig done as sausage/bacon/gammon and i sold it for £10 for 3 packs of bacon/sausage and gammon at £15 a kilo. It flew away, i reckon i could have sold it all 3 times over.