Jimny vs grand vitara

Goodlittlebitch

I've decided it's going to be one of these two but undecided on which. Ifit was a vitara I would probably get a diesel on. Jimny is only petrol so that's obvious.

Not overly fussed about mpg as it will only be a weekend dog transporter lol. I do cover quite a lot of sloppy/silty land and quite abit of marsh land.

Just wondering from people's experience the pros/cons on both

Thanks!

may work with a triple down each side and the single across the pair, giving you a bit of room underneath the large dog box and between the triples.or find a good man with a tape and saw.

That's sort of what I had in mind and with the space underneath I wanted a slide out draw for bits an bobs

Hi like you i was stumped between the 2, eventually went for 3dr grand vitara 1.6 petrol, loads of room with the seats dropped and realy comfortable to drive.4 wheel drive L/H ratio is great.Stuck a set of dakars on it and it goes anywhere only use the 4 wheek drive in the boggy stuff (dakars transformed the car in 2 wheel drive.I was critical of the dakars when i first fitted them due to poor grip on ice,(but bloody amazing in snow),over come the ice problem by using 4 wheel drive & going steady.Will defo have another one but poss diesel due to running 2 other cars

Hi like you i was stumped between the 2, eventually went for 3dr grand vitara 1.6 petrol, loads of room with the seats dropped and realy comfortable to drive.4 wheel drive L/H ratio is great.Stuck a set of dakars on it and it goes anywhere only use the 4 wheek drive in the boggy stuff (dakars transformed the car in 2 wheel drive.I was critical of the dakars when i first fitted them due to poor grip on ice,(but bloody amazing in snow),over come the ice problem by using 4 wheel drive & going steady.Will defo have another one but poss diesel due to running 2 other cars

Yeah looks like I'm swaying towards a GV now, petrol or diesel wont really affect me as it will only be doing around 50 miles a week.

we had a GV some years ago,it was great,no issues at all,having said that it was only 12 months old at the time,then we changed our car,I have gone back to a GV, its a 52 plate with only 63000 miles,it runs great good fuel economy,fantastic drive,and plenty of room,I have 2 pointers which love travelling in it.

Williamr

having had the old style vitara, and then upgrading to the grand vitara, the only thing to watch out for is the rear door handle, its not as robust as the old style, if anything the plastic is a bit too flimsy for my liking, I went to open the back, thinking it was unlocked when it wasn't and snapped the handle clean off, easily swapped for a new one from evil bay for around £15, but am always more careful now, and hate others touching the handle,lol

having had the old style vitara, and then upgrading to the grand vitara, the only thing to watch out for is the rear door handle, its not as robust as the old style, if anything the plastic is a bit too flimsy for my liking, I went to open the back, thinking it was unlocked when it wasn't and snapped the handle clean off, easily swapped for a new one from evil bay for around £15, but am always more careful now, and hate others touching the handle,lol

Lol it's good to know all I have to worry about is a door handle lol

Going to look at a jimny tomorrow although I'm 99% sure I want a GV now. I suppose both options are to be still considered though.

Edited by Goodlittlebitch

Lol it's good to know all I have to worry about is a door handle lol

Going to look at a jimny tomorrow although I'm 99% sure I want a GV now. I suppose both options are to be still considered though.

On the jimny lift the rear seats as they are notoriuos for rust spots here going through the floor pan,this is what put me off the jimny, 90% i looked at had big holes here although the rest of the car looked ok.

Edited by Davyo

Ive got a new shape GV3 1.9D (5dr,57plate,48k) and abuse the hell out of it whilst doing my hobbies.

Its never missed a beat or had any problems what so ever, the places it will go with decent AT tyres will frighten most :good:

Have a look on YouTube to see what they are capable of mate.

Ive got a new shape GV3 1.9D (5dr,57plate,48k) and abuse the hell out of it whilst doing my hobbies.

Its never missed a beat or had any problems what so ever, the places it will go with decent AT tyres will frighten most :good:

Have a look on YouTube to see what they are capable of mate.

I think I've watched every video on YouTube twice and backwards twice aswell haha. They do seem to be the business off road