vitara sills

Davyo

Oh and that price and time scale is a bit steep, considering I've made new HD sills for a disco in about 2 hours so far (not quite finished yet) and a vitara is smaller than that it shouldn't take 3 days!

I'd be looking at an hour or two per side to cut out and prep and then a couple of hours to weld back in, clean and finish with red ox on each so maybe a day or day and a half max!

Edited by Dr_evil

Oh and that price and time scale is a bit steep, considering I've made new HD sills for a disco in about 2 hours so far (not quite finished yet) and a vitara is smaller than that it shouldn't 3 days

I'd be looking at an hour or two per side to cut out and prep and then a couple of hours to weld back in, clean and finish with red ox on each so maybe a day or day and a half max!

Edited by Davyo

Where in cumbria are u?how much would parts cost to make,what would i need to buy .It's a 2002 GV 3door.MOT due on the 2nd Feb.They where cutting it out and making good as previous owner had just filled it with foam and filler.When I say make good,they said use tin sheet/steel as replacements would be £180.00 per side without the welding & cutting out.

Thanks Gixer,those area's where ok.I took it in 4 a MOT on Saturday and it failed on the inner sills.Was thinking of putting on sorn and keep it on permissions as can travel down in my other car.Pity as rest of car is good and it runs great & has been unstoppable in the resent snow with the dakars on .Would've been lost without it as my other 2 cars have been stuck in.Because of this alone I think it justifies the spend.

Edited by Davyo

lol,

I am sure all will turn out to a standard of professional competence and an accomplished feat of supurb finish :smartass: ,

, and then i have seen one or two 4x4`s - dip- in the middle because the body was unsupported or tie rodded when cut and and rewelded in :whistling:

Edited by mrwabbits

At 3 days worth of work I'd expect it to look like its just rolled out the factory :P I've done about 6 hours worth of work on my projects so far and in that time I've managed to mark and cut all the steel for sills and bumper, weld up a step to go on the bumper and mill out all the holes needed for the tubular jacking points to go into on the sills, just the bumper ones to do…….

So 10 hours total is what I'm looking at for the entire build which is one long work day, have told him to haggle with the guys doing it though ;)

Vit went early Monday, got it back today, delighted with the repair also been given warranty on the work.Had all brake pipes & hoses replaced while in as had an advisory on some section.Put the car up on the ramps to let me see the finished job

Edited by Davyo