RUSTY GUNS

Ok guys you asked for this :P:P :lol :blink: :P:P

I am NOT taking up bloody bowls BT :lol:

PP I can't buy anymore, I'm getting grief from both Mrs Col Pol and Sth Wales police I have quite a collection :lol::lol: To procure anymore would really put an end to my hunting........ sod the rust :lol::lol:

TC what I need is good answers not some old wives tail stuff you get up to in West Wales bud :P:lol::P Another old wives tail, this time from Yorkie land is one surrounding Goose fat and chests.............. :P Laggin smeared in oil I'll be damned :P:P:P

So Neil, to you a public proclamation of your kind support and assistance they look just the job, I will be on the phone tomorrow...... Cheers mate.

Cheers lads one and all :P:P:lol:

Col Pol

Hi Col Pol,

Have you thought of using an "intercept protector"?

It is gun bag lined with a material called "corosion intercept", it does not soak up moisture and it reacts with and neutralises the corrosive gasses which are desolved in the moisture, permanently neutralising them. They can be used for guns, rifles, sights, binoculars etc (anything metal)

also when I get home from a shoot, I clean my gun n wipe it over with a very light oil, and use a muzzle protector in it while its in storage.

If you mail me, I'll let you know where you can get them.:beer:

:lol:They would save on the electricity bill of having a heater on too! :lol::lol:

V' Dropper.

I would have thought that 15W would be ample, but you want some air circulation. Drill some holes top and bottom of the cabinet.

If you can, insulate the OUTSIDE of the cabinet, especially between the wall and the cabinet. Putting insulation on the inside will not cut down condensation.

Its a rail system that is hooked up to the heating system of the house, fed by hot water. It is usually placed in a bathroom to hang your towels on to warm them up following your bath or shower rimshot.

Usually reserved for the women, the posh or the pinko fluffy Woofta's of the world....... its not for us real tough dudes, the outdoor types :beer::lol::lol:

Removing Rust

You need to get a very fine grade of emery cloth, typically 320 grit (no coarser).

Scratch off the rust crust with a craft knife, then Tear a thin strip off the emery cloth and wrap it round a ballpoint pen. Use this to rub the rest of the rust off as far as you can go to get the bright metal underneath.

Wipe the area with methylated spirits, then apply some touch-up blueing from your gunshop. When finished, wipe with a damp cloth and rub the barrel with Rangoon Oil.