empty jammed in action.

contrysports

Is this a loaded round or fired!!!! If unfired you must shoot it off first!!

If a gasser you may need to remove the stock if that is where the bolt return spring lives! It is possible that the bolt spring and guide is the cause of the jam.

If a long recoiler put the muzzle down on a soft surface and with your weight press the whole gun down to cycle the action.

U.

I hope there isn`t another round up the spout, meaning the possibility of it being ejected and another round chambering, with the effect of the Firing pin being FORWARD and discharging: Oh Lor:

If There are rounds in there, get them out, put something in the chamber to stop it loading , it could have serious consequences

otherwise, point it either at the floor or up in the air while messing, obviously get the UNFIRED Rounds OUT::

And NOT in the house:

Edited by subsonicnat

Trigger group out first, live or not the hammer is usually in the trigger group, removing it should make the job a lot safer, however treat as if loaded all the time. Once out check the bolt lock is dropping down and is not jammed with debris, it's the bit that slides back and fourth and moves up to lock in the bolt when you work the lever, after that check the rod that works from the piston is located correctly and not jamming the bolt

i wouldnt be hitting the extractor with a mallet or using a screw driver around the rim

if case is empty and gun is unloaded why not use a cleaning rod to assist the opening?

Because if the bolt is locked (which it would be if its in the forward position) a cleaning rod would not help. If you could force the bolt back with a cleaning rod down the barrel, whats stopping the bolt flying open far too quickly and under massive pressure, causing serious harm to the user? Bolt assemblies are usually two part, the part the is gripping the cartridge and the carrier. When the gun fires, the carrier moves first which unlocks the upper section from the barrel and allows both parts to move to the rear. To move the carrier without firing a live round, you must operate the bolt handle.

yeah i got it thanks for all the help! and i am still alive and kicking! i removed the unfired cases the got a cleaning rod down the muzzle and forces the bolt down with that while pulling it with my other hand. the problem was the fireing pin had been knocked up so about 5mm was out of the brass and that was catching.