Smoked Goose

Tam

Smoked the 2 Geese I shot on Friday :drool: :drool: :drool: done one with a Cajun spice :drool: they may look a bit on the Pink side (Pink feet :lol: - OK i'll get my coat) but they are better cooked/smoked rare :good: & they will still cook a bit when they cool

AA7B8642-7158-404B-8C82-863C90C41A10-965-00000048D7AB98C0_zps767ec43b.jpg

The downside is - I shot a Canada on Saturday - great long shot & dead in the air but it landed in the fast flowing water on a fast falling tide :/ :/ the dog tried his hardest but I called him off it :( To be honest it is the second bird I have had to call him off in the last 7 years - I was even trying to think where I might intercept it down river but I was already a mile from my truck so gave up hope. I have seen people drop birds one after another without care but I am gutted when I lose a bird :blush: A guy was walking down the sea wall ( a fellow shooter) he said I saw the Geese in flight & thought they are well high today, only to hear a shot & one fold - he gave me some reasurance in saying you tried your hardest to retreive it - still didn't make me feel any better :/

Sorry tam i must have been out when you called to invite me over for dinne with the nice bottle of mccallum i have here lolit is gutting when you lose game you have shot but by the sounds of things you did everthing you could to retrieve it better to loose a bird than a dog mate

Sorry tam i must have been out when you called to invite me over for dinne with the nice bottle of mccallum i have here lolit is gutting when you lose game you have shot but by the sounds of things you did everthing you could to retrieve it better to loose a bird than a dog mate

Cheers Gaji, that is a nice drop LOL - I will vacuum seal some for Scone Game Fair if you are there :rolleyes:

ps, look at the Geese post - you were invited :friends:

Edited by Tam

Looks good! Any instructions on how to do that with the geese? The old man bought a smoker recently and haven't used it much,(cremated some pheasants but that's it).

Lost birds happen. Just be glad it was dead :good: I lost a wigeon not that long ago. Thought it was dead so sent the dog for it and the bird started diving. Eventually called the dog back but within 5 minutes a seal ate it! Not much gets wasted :oops: