Missing Notification of Transfer

hedd-wyn

I sent details of a shotgun I bought privately, to the police, by recorded delivery. I thought everything was okay until a few weeks later, I had a 'phone call off them, asking why I had'nt notified them of the transaction. I told them that it was sent to them recorded, but they still insisted that they never received it. They said that I had commited an offence, and that they 'could' revoke my certificate if they wanted too. I had a warning off them 'not to do it again'. Not being happy with that, I checked with Royal mail, and found that the letter I sent the police had been signed for. When I told the police about it, they did'nt want to know, and never even apologised. I now send notification via email.

On a similar note, a few years ago, the police sent out my renewed certificates by 2nd class post, and they were lost. They tried to blame me, and were not happy about sending them out again, although they did so.

This send it to use recorded and "you are responsible for the cert safe keeping" then they post it second class std post really naffs me off. Also the fact they never say sorry when they are dead wrong, it isn't just me then

on the same note ive just posted off my licence for a variation for a new deer rifle and ive been told off for not putting down on the form i have mods for each rifle i own..i just forgot...so ive had a warning lol..

she said "take this as a warning" i appologised and said id just forgot but she was on me like a rash!!!

such is life...

Rich.

on the same note ive just posted off my licence for a variation for a new deer rifle and ive been told off for not putting down on the form i have mods for each rifle i own..i just forgot...so ive had a warning lol..

she said "take this as a warning" i appologised and said id just forgot but she was on me like a rash!!!

such is life...

Rich.

Was that Janet,

What rifle you after now mate?

Reggiegun

Was that Janet,

What rifle you after now mate?

Reggiegun

no wasnt janet it was her side kick...just a 243 for some new deer stalking land, janet did phone me up tho later and refuse the variation as ive got a 223 for foxes but i put on my variation i wanted a 243 for fox and deer but she said i cant have a 243 for fox as ive already got a 223 for that...so she is sending it back to be altered to say just for deer..crazy!!! and ive got to provide letters from a mentor to say i know what im doing..even tho i had a 243 in 2011 that i used for deer stalking...but sold it due to not going very much but know i have a need for one again..

We have a slightly different system in NI. It is up to the RFD to inform the police via fax. About 6 months ago I traded in a gun, rfd sent in the fax and wrote in the details of the new gun on my fac. A couple of weeks later I got a letter from the police saying they had no record of me buying the gun I traded in.

I seems it was an oversight of the RFD ( basicly we had been chatting too much). The form for that gun was then faxed through with apologies all round.

No fuss, no great hassle, no harm done. But basically that was because the notificatio responsibilities were with the RFD and not the individual.

Edited by Big Al

We have a slightly different system in NI. It is up to the RFD to inform the police via fax. About 6 months ago I traded in a gun, rfd sent in the fax and wrote in the details of the new gun on my fac. A couple of weeks later I got a letter from the police saying they had no record of me buying the gun I traded in.

I seems it was an oversight of the RFD ( basicly we had been chatting too much). The form for that gun was then faxed through with apologies all round.

No fuss, no great hassle, no harm done. But basically that was because the notificatio responsibilities were with the RFD and not the individual.

How does the system work with a private sale in NI ?

no wasnt janet it was her side kick...just a 243 for some new deer stalking land, janet did phone me up tho later and refuse the variation as ive got a 223 for foxes but i put on my variation i wanted a 243 for fox and deer but she said i cant have a 243 for fox as ive already got a 223 for that...so she is sending it back to be altered to say just for deer..crazy!!! and ive got to provide letters from a mentor to say i know what im doing..even tho i had a 243 in 2011 that i used for deer stalking...but sold it due to not going very much but know i have a need for one again..

I had same problem so never carried on, will not give me open ticket for 243, so I could get rid of 223 and just have one rifle for fox and deer. Will they let you have it as shooting fox while out deer stalking?