bt infinity

mikky

due to change over from talk talk to bt infinity....just been on the web page reviewing the service and loads of people are having drop out problems and slow speeds,mine at the moment is 2mb and should be 41 mb with bt.....now i have read the reviews i am not sure i want to go ahead with the switch over,any bt engineers on here advise

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Review-of-BT-Infinity/td-p/240399

mikky

Edited by mikky

Not a BT engineer but have BT infinity. Currently getting approx 40mb speed via wireless on my iPhone.

Incoming speed when BT did a line test showed 78Mb but there is a big loss by the time it gets from the phone point to the white box and then the HomeHub. I'm right on the edge of town and on the post code checker it told me 58Mb estimated.

I don't get any drop in signal at all. Always great and streams movies perfectly and loads Internet pages very quick.

Have heard that on the last speed upgrade that houses within 1000yds of the Green Cabinet did suffer problems. And some downgraded back as it was faster.

Had it for a year now, brilliant. 40mbps we were less than 1mbps before (5 km from exchange)

Same circumstances here, give or take on the distance.

It wasn't that many months ago such speeds in a village would have been almost unbelievable.

Edited by Markio

I have 78mbps connection with BT infinity, and have it dropping to around 11-17mbps on a evening but the upload remains the same, I have had a high level complaint going on with BT for about a month, the line tests show I can get a perfect connection through the day, just evenings it's Slow

Just speedtests and the waiting game now

I have 78mbps connection with BT infinity, and have it dropping to around 11-17mbps on a evening but the upload remains the same, I have had a high level complaint going on with BT for about a month, the line tests show I can get a perfect connection through the day, just evenings it's Slow

Just speedtests and the waiting game now

another reason not to move over...as my dad used to say...if it aint broke dont fix it...i will stay with talktalk for now

mikky

We've had infinity for 12 months and have consistent (67Mbps) speed and performance.

Never had any issues, unlike when we had talk talk which was a massive pain in the ****.

i really want the faster speed but too many people have had problems with the exchange i will be connected to, i suspect its going to be the cabling from the green box 500yds down the street to the house,i will also need a wire less connection from the router/modem to the tele.....,not feasable to hardwire,just decorated...need to look into it a bit more

mikky

We will probably get infinity in 20 years time,I am a mile and a half from my exchange,I get about 2.5 mb on a good day with annoying drop outs for no reason,I argue with bt all the time,in the last 3 years they have said 5 times it is a problem in my house,5 engineers have been out and it has been their line each time,one engineer informed me my line had been "split" and for 3 months I had been sharing the line with someone else.

The first company that offers fibre optic lines up my street gets my money,my phone signal is faster most of the time.

We will probably get infinity in 20 years time,I am a mile and a half from my exchange,I get about 2.5 mb on a good day with annoying drop outs for no reason,I argue with bt all the time,in the last 3 years they have said 5 times it is a problem in my house,5 engineers have been out and it has been their line each time,one engineer informed me my line had been "split" and for 3 months I had been sharing the line with someone else.

The first company that offers fibre optic lines up my street gets my money,my phone signal is faster most of the time.

never mind all that,still up for a bit of shooting when i come down to pembrokeshire ?

mikky