Overall length of a pump action shotgun?

Will Poon

Just to clarify , spoken to 2 police forces in the area and both said its measured from the muzzle to the back of the receiver because a foldable/retractable stock is disregarded because it moves so its well under 40" therefore making it a section 1 shotgun and even then the police allows theses types of stock for stuff like PSG shooting or similar :(

Just spoke to Devon and cornwalls firearm team and got pushed up the line to, I think the head honcho.

I was asking about overal length.

The law states, for sgc holders, minimum barrel length of 24 in and over all length of 40in as wel know.

NOW THE GOOD BIT

The sliding or detachable stock bit we were talking about before is no longer valid as that was removed when it was re vamped in 1997....

So you can have sliding or what ever stock you want so long as your overal length is no less then 40in. In its shortest setting so slid as short as it will go

So when you read that bit about sliding stocks ect its due to that source not updating its source and causes a lot of misconception I was told.....

It's abit of a grey area this as I've spoken to merseyside police and West Yorkshire police and both said no, West Yorkshire police said something along the lines if it did have an retractable/foldable stock it would be then classed as section 1 and even then the police would only issue the use of these stocks for things like PSG shooting or similar . Don't quote me on that :lol:

Any way my adjustable ati stock is sort of sold on flea bay :(

It's abit of a grey area this as I've spoken to merseyside police and West Yorkshire police and both said no, West Yorkshire police said something along the lines if it did have an retractable/foldable stock it would be then classed as section 1 and even then the police would only issue the use of these stocks for things like PSG shooting or similar . Don't quote me on that :lol:

Any way my adjustable ati stock is sort of sold on flea bay :(

Well I can only state that it won't be prosecutable under Section 5, as to PSG & Section 1 only :blush: as per usual It's as clear as mud :no:

Thankfully I've got a slot on my FAC for a sect 1 shotgun for PSG & Clays