Driving peeves

pin

1st hate..................bus drivers...pulling out on you

2nd hate..............Chavs banging out music for world to hear...showing off their woofers @ bass bins :no: :(

I once was at a zebra crossing, and a chav was giving the big'un out the with the windows down when a little old lady walked by...stuck her head in the window and shouted.....

"whats up sonny....can't you stand the sound of it either" .........................I nearly peed myself.

Black cabs/white vans in central London that very helpfully close up the gap in the traffic to stop you filtering through on your bike. :(

Pedestrians walking out in front of you.

Bus drivers cutting you up.

Deer on the A12 and Margaretting Road, (had so many near misses :good: ).

The inhabitants of Tower Hamlets, driving goes from poor to diabolical as you pass through from Whitechapel to Bow :D

But most of the time I sail serenely through, laughing to myself as all the car drivers fume at the congestion and the fact that they have to pay to sit in it :no:

P.

what is a near miss? did you nearly miss them there deers? :D

Don't they have a new Highway Code that gives a bus the right of way when pulling out. Trouble is bus drivers now think they can do it in all situations. I do feel sorry for them though, having to pull out hundreds of times a day into traffic that doesnt want a bus infront of it.

Looked here but couldnt find the code for it.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/index.htm

I got a tad annoyed yesterday. I turn right into work, and oncoming traffic is usually queuing. Some lady driver slowed right down making a huge gap between her and the car in front as though to let me cross. She was practically stationary 10 yards away from the junction, but when I started to move, with a thank-you wave she sped up and pulled a face at me.

Make your mind up woman ! Are you letting me cross or not ?!! :no:

Middle lane hoggers get my goat - mainly seen on weekends - doing 60 in the middle lane all the way from Bristol to London/Plymouth etc causing massive holdups behind.

Makes you want to shoot, don't it !

A calming session with a suitable firearm :D is the only effective therapy (which does not involve taking up someone else's time as well, that is) :( .

Don't they have a new Highway Code that gives a bus the right of way when pulling out. Trouble is bus drivers now think they can do it in all situations. I do feel sorry for them though, having to pull out hundreds of times a day into traffic that doesnt want a bus infront of it.

Looked here but couldnt find the code for it.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/index.htm

It's kind of a Greay area I used to drive Buses and in the Highway code i beleive it ASKS people to let buses OR heavy vehicles out. Also in return the driver SHOULD aknowledge his thanks with a thumb from the window.

The BIGGEST annoyance as a Bus driver was the endless streams of people using the BUS lane as a short cut. The amount of people who collided with the bus trying to cut into a bus lane THEN having the temerity to blame the BUS is beyond me.

Of course NON got away with it as the bus lane is NOT for cars.

There are differing types "no car lane" so Buses Vans Bikes etc can use but NO cars other than a taxi?:D??

Bus only lanes NOTHING other than Buses Minibuses and taxis can use

Then the TIMED lanes :(

On the whole though I personally think Bus lanes are wrong. Everyone who drives Motorcycles or cars etc pays to use the road system the same as a Bus. There should be NO preference given to ANY vehicle other than vulnerable ones such as Motorcycles.

I also dissagree with the Congestion charges. You already pay a VED yearly so WHY should you have to pay TWICE just to drive through a City.

If they are gonna do that they would be best off having carparks on the outskirts and only allow Buses and taxis through the city centre to take people to work.

We are not charged in Newcastle "yet" but i STILL park on the outskirts and WALK into town. I like to walk anyway and it helps with a little exercise too.

And another large annoyance is Forigners who claim assylum and get cars GIVEN and can't drive for peanuts sauntering all over the roads NOT stopping at traffic lights and when pulled over by COPS they play the non comprende gag :no:

The claim Womwn make better drivers is WAFFLE it is SIMPLY because there are LESS women driving.

If the statistics were evenly balanced 50% men and 50% women then the standars would be about the same.

LG

I forgot one from my list: Traffic Wardens!

Let me be clear though, its not what they stand for as by and large they do a good job, but its those wardens who have no more pleasure than to issue a ticket with no regard to any reason.

1st example, A double decker bus had stopped in traffic. Unfortunately the rear axle was positioned over a metal drain cover, which gave way and the double wheels became lodged in the drain. Unable to move a recovery truck was issued to lift the bus clear. This took many hours and during the ensuing wait, a parking warden gave the bus a parking ticket.

2nd example. Last week on three consecutive days I had to park in area of Brighton that uses these scratch card vouchers. As I did the day previous I bought 3 hours of vouchers at 1.50 an hour. 3 x £1 and 3 x .50p, I sratched off the arrival time on the first two and then advanced an hour then scratched the second two and oncxe more for the last, giving me a total of 3 hours. These were displayed clearly on my dashboard and yet I was still issued with a ticket. Apparaently I should have marked the same time of arrival on all 6 cards. So in theory I was in the wrong, however the instructions are so confusing and the fact that I had clearly displayed three hours worth, you'd have thought the Parking Warden would have used discretion and popped a simple note on my car explaining my mistake. But no, I have to trundle down to the parking office an argue a toss with a guy who dosnt care and then have the appeal board review my case!!!!!!

I think the stats regarding woman drivers being safer is because they proportionately claim less on insurance than blokes. When blokes crash the car is usually fubar, when women "crash" its at less than 10mph, usually into their own garage/fencepost/house and there is no insurance claim :no:

I am off into hiding now until dearbear sees this and calms down :(