Roosting whats your biggest bag ??

Sx3 clay breaker

Got there at 1400 walked to where I normally go droppings and feathers all over set the banger rope up lit it and moved to the far side of the field and waited could hear shots going off in near by woods thinking it will be my turn in a minute and nothing :( stopped there till 1800 one shot one pigeon :( :( considering I was there 2 weeks ago and had 15 oh well there's always next weekend :)

Edited by the crowman

Out here on the Norfolk coast we don't see those numbers, flocks are much smaller and fewer shooters to keep them moving, my best was 8 from 2.30 till 4.00 , the bonus was 2 with one barrel, the average flock is about 150 to 200 with many much smaller flocks, we were out in Tasburgh near Norwich yesterday and as we headed home they were dropping into a big wood nearby, there must have been 800 at least, problem is no permission, lucky little pigeons.

Edited by lakeside1000

Like most others, I usually shoot 5-15 on a typical roost, but I do love Feb and the start of March, it's a great way to carry one after the game season finishes and usually shows some really testing birds.

One day in Jan 2011 I was invited to a syndicate game shoot. The phes were very disappointing and as I had travelled a long way the keep asked if I wanted to stay on and have a short roost shoot.... I'm glad I did! Three of us stood in a small copse of holly and firs and shot over 100 between us in about an hour. I couldn't load fast enough! That was a red letter day for the game book and a memory to remember for ever!

Adam