Decoy pegs

Devil_bri

after about 20, and i dont mind what type. Im fed up using cut up bamboo canes !

which way do u use steel banding ?

Take a length of Steel Banding.

I use between 12" and 24" cut a tang at one end and bend through 90 degrees to form a right angle.

That's where the decoy will sit.

Then put a blunt point on the other end to allow ease of pushing in to the ground.

Then I cover then in green fabric tape to conceal them.

The longer ones for taller crops even add a degree of movement to your pattern.

Easy, worth the little bit of effort and will outlast all the horrible plastic varieties.

Take a length of Steel Banding.

I use between 12" and 24" cut a tang at one end and bend through 90 degrees to form a right angle.

That's where the decoy will sit.

Then put a blunt point on the other end to allow ease of pushing in to the ground.

Then I cover then in green fabric tape to conceal them.

The longer ones for taller crops even add a degree of movement to your pattern.

Easy, worth the little bit of effort and will outlast all the horrible plastic varieties.

any chance of seeing a photo ? especially the top part ?

cheers

The plastic ones are normally thrown aawy or given to people who've snapped their original ones. By placing the tang forward in the front slot the decoy looks like it's happy and safe and by reversing the tang and placing it in the rear slot the decoys sits head down as if feeding.

There always seem to be plenty of the plastic pegs on Ebay, presumably from people who have made the move to modified banding strapping.

Thanks for that tight choke

Excellent idea

You don't happen to have any spare for sale ?

Your best bet would be to take up either of the chaps who offered you the STEEL BANDING as the raw material and make your own, that way you can modify them to your hearts content.

Good luck

i have used the steel banding for a few years now, but have taped the banding to a dowel to be pushed into the ground, made to varying lengths to suit crops. i have the tang at top as shown but do not bend it leaving it straight, i have also put an extra slot in the decoy between the original ones on the balancing point of decoy, this lets it rock in a feeding motion in the slightest of breeze.

i have used the steel banding for a few years now, but have taped the banding to a dowel to be pushed into the ground, made to varying lengths to suit crops. i have the tang at top as shown but do not bend it leaving it straight, i have also put an extra slot in the decoy between the original ones on the balancing point of decoy, this lets it rock in a feeding motion in the slightest of breeze.

Mine used to be straight until I was finding wind above about 20 MPH could lift them off the tang.

That's when I decided to bend them over and use them either forwards or backwards!