military police

Marc Z

My son has passed all the tests to join the military police ,and has been told they want him,but he has been waiting since november to be given a place and get into basic training,frustrating when some of his mates have joined other arms and signed on within a month,but you have to remember they are a small corps and recruiting will be slower and they can afford to pick and choose the best.

Here's a link,

http://www.army.mod....vost/13306.aspx

Or how about Ministry of Defence Police? Any first hand experiences would be great. Best of luck to your son welsh.

I would imagine things are very slow recruiting wise for MDP/MGS in the current climate :good: if I was you I would go for the RMP they are still recruiting and will offer you a decent career :good: one word of" warning" though the only people who like the RMP in the forces are the RMP :lol: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

Did you get bullied badly at school and even though you are only 5 foot 4 you think you are ten men?If so,the monkeys are for you fella.

so true...when i passed out of my basic training at lympstone commando..some lads asked about the red caps they were told never to ask agian as it wasnt a job for marines just a job for wanna be hard guys..

I served in the RMP, but not recently, leaving in 1987.

If you want a current perspective - and you are prepared for even more ******** than gets spouted on here - go to www.arrse.co.uk, the 'army rumour service'. there is a discussion board for RMP, probably under the heading Adjutant General's Corps.

The army's changed a lot recently. More chance of a decent sun-tan than when I was in, and a lot less chance of getting killed by someone who spoke the same language as you; but not all change is for the better. Reflecting back on my lads back in the day, if you were young, white, male, single, straight and a bit daft; there was no finer career.

Don't even consider MoD Plod.

To be honest, if I had my time again, I'd have gone Navy.

Anyone on here a military police officer? Looking for careers advice (on here... Must be mad!)

I know they'll be making severe cutbacks, like everywhere, so I wonder if it's even worth looking into?

Ex RMP.. Fantastic regiment... Not quite a susceptible to cutbacks as others as there is no one really to merge them with and they are a very small regiment anyway so any proportionate cutbacks will be proportionately small..

Go for it.. Interesting career with soooo many opportunities... SIB, CP etc... A lot of my colleagues walked straight into the civi and MOD police when they came out too so potentially a very good long term career move.

I only did a very short stint for one reason or another, I wish I could have made a lifetime career out of it! I agree with the comment re other regiments.. Be prepared to be hated by everyone who isn't RMP! As for wannabe hardmen... That's the sentiment in civi land too and usually spouted by 'hard men' who realise that the authorities do have a little bit of power over them! Lol

Edited by Vipa

• 2 weeks later...

I would imagine things are very slow recruiting wise for MDP/MGS in the current climate :good: if I was you I would go for the RMP they are still recruiting and will offer you a decent career :good: one word of" warning" though the only people who like the RMP in the forces are the RMP :lol: BB

That's a lie!! They don't like each other either as there always trying to stitch each other up!! Lol

Royal