FOX TAIL

redthunder

:D Alrite peeps, Me and my mate just been out on one of the farms we shoot as we pulled up we put the lamp out of the window of the landy and there was charlie must have been munching on something about 100 to 120 yards i got out the .243 rested on the bonnet and wack strait through the head :lol: taking half his head and eye away when we picked charlie up (a vixen) her coat and tail was in tip top condition so i had to take the tail whats the best way to cure the tail as we normaly just dump the shot foxes on the fire on the farm we never bothered taking the tails before :) just wondered whats the best way cheers??

Now a old fella told me this and from experience it works a treat

What you need

1 small tundish

Finely crushed sea salt

mineralised methylated spirits

Large empty coffee jar

Now I'm guessing you managed to strip the tail successfully away from the tail bone .

Simply take the tundish and push it down the core as far as you can and insert as much salt as it takes to fill up the inner . Then place in a coffee jar and fill with meths and screw the lid back on ............Leave for at least a month .

Works a treat :)

Good luck ..Do it sooner rather than later as they soon go off .

Now a old fella told me this and from experience it works a treat

What you need

1 small tundish

Finely crushed sea salt

mineralised methylated spirits

Large empty coffee jar

Now I'm guessing you managed to strip the tail successfully away from the tail bone .

Simply take the tundish and push it down the core as far as you can and insert as much salt as it takes to fill up the inner . Then place in a coffee jar and fill with meths and screw the lid back on ............Leave for at least a month .

Works a treat :)

Good luck ..Do it sooner rather than later as they soon go off .

I hesitate to ask but..........What's a Tundish?

I have done a few over the years, cut around base of the tail with a sharp knife pull back the skin and get 2 bits of stick/wood and place then either side of the of the incision on the tail, holding onto the 2 bits of wood firmly pull the skin away from the flesh/bone its a bit fiddly to do but once you get the hang of it you can skin a tail in seconds.