ex army kit

what do people think of ex army kit. I personally think, value for money, durable, warm, water proof. Used for general fieldsports

It does the job well enough mate :good: the problem is we are all guilty of thinking we need the latest camo pattern on the market :yes: much like the latest deeks,flapper,rotary,peckers,floaters etc, plenty of pigeons were shot before everyone jumped on the band wagon to make a few quid :yes: and life was much simpler,BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

It does the job well enough mate :good: the problem is we are all guilty of thinking we need the latest camo pattern on the market :yes: much like the latest deeks,flapper,rotary,peckers,floaters etc, plenty of pigeons were shot before everyone jumped on the band wagon to make a few quid :yes: and life was much simpler,BB

But the latest patern is marvellous;

Shooting3rdFeb2013027_zpsa048bf88.jpg

Well the hide worked and he christened his new gun and new jacket on the same day, not bad for 15.

MTP is the way forward!

On the left is my jacket with the light bits coloured in and Hatsanman is on the right with the jacket as issued!

Shooting3rdFeb2013054_zps28013acf.jpg

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

There you have it mate, you'll shoot more wearing mtp.............. Makes you wonder how we never got shot wearing lightweights and green shirts..... :lol:

will have to dig my MTP out and wear it :yes: shot very little lately thought it was weather related,but now I know the reason :lol: :lol: BB

Indeed could not agree more with BB here. Mind I have just gone chavtree, well mossy oak but you get the jist.

Second hand don't like new stuff especially hunting gear. Buy owt new and blank same with fishing lol. I live by that moto and hate new gear.

Karpman

I have a soldier 95 jacket that's about 1000 sizes too big for me but it works well enough! No point wasting money on expensive new patterns when the Army stuff is just as good.

(I dare say though, that MPT does look rather good! Sadly I know no one who could get me any.)

Edited by cant hit rabbits 123

MTP is a lot more user friendly than c95,at least there starting to think about things now :good: BB

Until it falls apart at the stitching and the Velcro falls off. Also the 'user friendly' pockets that rip so you end up losing pens, money ect.

Cheap Chinese poorly made uniform!

The only pro is the fact I haven't ironed my kit for months and you can get away with it with MTP

Until it falls apart at the stitching and the Velcro falls off. Also the 'user friendly' pockets that rip so you end up losing pens, money ect.

Cheap Chinese poorly made uniform!

The only pro is the fact I haven't ironed my kit for months and you can get away with it with MTP

Here we go whinge,whinge,whinge :yes: its fit for purpose that's why its issued,the mod don't waste money ya know :lol: its issued kit, if its us exchange it :yes: BB Edited by Bluebarrels

Here we go whinge,whinge,whinge :yes: its fit for purpose that's why its issued,the mod don't waste money ya know :lol: its issued kit, if its us exchange it :yes: BB

It's near impossible to exchange as there isn't ever any kit in the stores. 3 weeks to order a berret in!!

The concept may be fit for purpose, how ever the kit it's self isn't. It's like giving the designs for a Bugatti to mc Donald's to build!

It's near impossible to exchange as there isn't ever any kit in the stores. 3 weeks to order a berret in!!

The concept may be fit for purpose, how ever the kit it's self isn't. It's like giving the designs for a Bugatti to mc Donald's to build!

I think you've missed the point I was making :yes: I was been sarcastic" MOD wasting money" etc,i know its short comings but its still an improvement on c95 :good: BB