Which would you get a savage edge in .223 or Browning A bolt .223

welshdragon77

Can't fault my A-Bolt. It shoots one hole groups with 55gr Berger varminter home loads and has a pretty nice trigger. The bolt lift is also very low so you can mount your scope right down on the barrel without it snagging. All in all for the money you can't go wrong. Fantastic piece of kit if you want a cheap rifle that shoots well.

Can't fault my A-Bolt. It shoots one hole groups with 55gr Berger varminter home loads and has a pretty nice trigger. The bolt lift is also very low so you can mount your scope right down on the barrel without it snagging. All in all for the money you can't go wrong. Fantastic piece of kit if you want a cheap rifle that shoots well.

+1 I have one and have no mither, it shoots sweet, charlie dont like it at all,

ATB

Flynny

I've got my FAC interview coming up and was looking at the howa 1500 combo deal, but was told the scope and moderator were no good, any thoughts? As it looks a cracking deal.

Jim

I bought the package deal. Rifle (stainless synthetic) nikko sterling diamond 3x12x56 scope, 5 round mag conversion, and wildcat mod. Im pleased with it does everything i want it to do, kill charlie. The wildcat mod is a bit heavy but good at what its meant for. The scope i was actually pleasantly suprised with as i was told the same thing as yourself. It does what i need all my shots are 100-200 yards at night under the lamp and i have no problem identifying the fox. Hope this helps.

I bought the package deal. Rifle (stainless synthetic) nikko sterling diamond 3x12x56 scope, 5 round mag conversion, and wildcat mod. Im pleased with it does everything i want it to do, kill charlie. The wildcat mod is a bit heavy but good at what its meant for. The scope i was actually pleasantly suprised with as i was told the same thing as yourself. It does what i need all my shots are 100-200 yards at night under the lamp and i have no problem identifying the fox. Hope this helps.

Thanks cjm, helps a lot mate.....howa it is , though I'm going for the blued synthetic.

Atb

Jim