Evolution/natural selection. Yes or no?

FalconFN

Evolution. Wright or wrong  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Do you broadly believe that evolution through natural selection created complex life (humans) on Earth?

• Yes. Darwinism is about right
    • No. God designed every living thing separately
    • No, God made Adam 4,500 years ago from clay
    • No. Non human intelligent lifeforms had a hand.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pointless thread

you'll never win an argument on this subject when you're up against someone who is so brainwashed into believing all the Religious mumbo Jumbo the bible has to offer.

but at least we can humour them.

Win? Is that the point of a discussion?

You could also both be wrong.

What's this "You" bit?....don't drag me into it,

You're right it is possible that both sides could be wrong,,,doubtful, but possible... However, saying something like that as well as doubting the other guy, you're doubting your own theory........Stand by your conviction.

Well you can't both be right...so in this case Yes.

I think you'll find you used the word 'you' in the first place in the quoted remark.

I don't have a conviction on this subject. I'm comfortable with that when all positions have big holes and questions unresolved.

I think you'll find you used the word 'you' in the first place in the quoted remark.

I don't have a conviction on this subject. I'm comfortable with that when all positions have big holes and questions unresolved.

Yep YOU are right I did.....It was aimed at YOU and the others.

The book of Genesis says that Eve also had two daughters, Cain married one of them, yes his sister.

So, it looks like that's when the in-breeding started.

Pointless thread

you'll never win an argument on this subject when you're up against someone who is so brainwashed into believing all the Religious mumbo Jumbo the bible has to offer.

but at least we can humour them.

No it was aimed at crosshair and probably me, as he was the previous post to yours, do try to keep up...with yourself :)

Question for the religious guys....

Why is it that most members of the clergy seem to be shirt lifters?

Surely that seems a bit counter productive to all this evolution thing,,,,

When you say clergy do you mean all clergy or do you mean Roman Catholic priests?

And when you mean 'most', do you really mean a very small percentage?

No it was aimed at crosshair and probably me, as he was the previous post to yours, do try to keep up...with yourself :)

Wrong...

You will notice i didn't quote any boby when i posted about the thread being pointless...thus it is a general statement not aimed at anyone in particular.

I'm way ahead of you...that's for sure.

Evolution continues. For example, look at the increase in average height. OTOH evolution seems to go in circles - land animals appear to have evolved from whale-like creatures. Now, some people appear to be evolving into whales.....

Nick

To be honest, I really don't know what you are on about. What others? Is it the voices?

When I made a remark using the word 'you' as an indefinite pronoun, you said 'Don't drag me into it.', yet here you are clearly directing remarks at me for some reason.

Edited by paul65

When you say clergy do you mean all clergy or do you mean Roman Catholic priests?

And when you mean 'most', do you really mean a very small percentage?

To be fair, Roman Catholicism is a just a sort of pagan version of Christianity contrived by the Romans when the Empire decided to convert, and as there was nothing a self-respecting Roman enjoyed more than giving a good rogering to a pre-pubescent catamite, you have to admit they are at least consistent.

Sodomy was just a pagan thing that caused untold horror in Canaan before the Jordan was crossed, so it was well before Christianity and Rome. The syphilitic bones are still being found during digs in the area....

...but there again we digress

Edited by henry d