Magpies

i've got traps out but still no luck with the first one yet. damn things.!

I have set a group up on facebook, search 'The Corvid Exchange' list what call bird you are after and your location and anyone near you with a spare can get in contact. Might as well all work together in helping each other out to control them.

Regards,

SS

I have set a group up on facebook, search 'The Corvid Exchange' list what call bird you are after and your location and anyone near you with a spare can get in contact. Might as well all work together in helping each other out to control them.

Regards,

SS

a cracking idea well done mate

a cracking idea well done mate

Feel free to join, need to spread the word about it as there are a lot of people with empty traps trying to catch there call bird.

Have two traps out since last weekend,but no luck yet.

Some on shoot have suggested we build a large pigeon trap to get the bloody things from our feeders.If it would warm up a bit so insects prospered and things would grow we could stop feeding!

Have you got a call bird Scully?

Hi chaps..ive had the trsp out for around 4/5 weeks, ive had 36 birds. Ive been the main source of call birds in my area since i put out my call bird witch is a big male bird. Ive had him now since i cought him in my back garden 5 weeks ago..hopfully he'll still be doing the job well into the season and hopfully the end of the season. The trick to succesfull magpie trapping is..look after the call bird..preferabley male as hes the most dominant..keep him well waterd and fed..bring him in when its to wet..hypothermia will kill him in hours leaving the trap inactive till you get another call bird.

By the way..this is my first post..im Cumbria based..and Vermin control is what ive enjoyed since the early age of 8.

Atb

Martin.

No,we have no bird as yet.

Where abouts are you scully?

hi - apologies for a bit off the thread (but still on vermin) but has anyone got a spare crow call bird in the west lancs area, not on facebook so cant follow the above post - atb regards

Anyone you know that is on there? I will have a ask for you....