Another joining the AA club

Highbird70

Gents,

Again went out tonight...braving the temperatures....but paid off, waited 2 hours in a bramble bush, then I saw this fox coming to wards me, again the perfect wind, it arrived at 20 yards and dropped after the usual cough trick. Now I feel extremely cold but well chuffed.

post-60442-0-49287600-1364165536_thumb.jpg

Well done Highbird! You are certainly a braver man than me standing in a bramble bush for 2 hours in driving snow and the temperatures that we have been experiencing of late.

As has been said patience and persistence pay off. A job well done, now treat yourself to a large whiskey, you deserve it! :good:

Well done Highbird! You are certainly a braver man than me standing in a bramble bush for 2 hours in driving snow and the temperatures that we have been experiencing of late.

As has been said patience and persistence pay off. A job well done, now treat yourself to a large whiskey, you deserve it! :good:

Errrmmm Frenchieboy...I had 2 whiskey,,,I'm greedy and was cold ...lol

Ty Gents

Hi Al4x....it as happened to me before, that they get to close when the wind its right...literally I had a fox at 5 yards, I prefer shooting them at 20-25 yards when possible with BBs or AAA, I prefer to make them stop for a split second just before the pulling the trigger, less risk of wounding and suffering.

I can help here - it's cos he misses them when they are running lol!

Ahahhahahahha....well that's the secondary reason...I was trying not to say that you big nana....lol

Interesting I like them as close as possible with the shotgun but sure wouldn't alert them at all they just tend to get some whatever speed they are going, when moving and close just bead on nose and bang next to no lead unless they are picking up a decent speed. At that range as well i'd still be using 6's :lol:

Hi Al4x....it as happened to me before, that they get to close when the wind its right...literally I had a fox at 5 yards, I prefer shooting them at 20-25 yards when possible with BBs or AAA, I prefer to make them stop for a split second just before the pulling the trigger, less risk of wounding and suffering.