Clay grounds on Surrey/Sussex/Kent borders?

throdgrain

thodgrain,

As Stuart will no doubt tell you, it's the best clay ground in that part of the country, by far, if you want to improve and shoot serious targets.

You'll go away feeling "Could do better...next week", rather than "Why have I wasted my money..??"

Cat.

Sounds great :lol: Any idea of prices and that? Do I have to be a member?

thodgrain,

As Stuart will no doubt tell you, it's the best clay ground in that part of the country, by far, if you want to improve and shoot serious targets.

You'll go away feeling "Could do better...next week", rather than "Why have I wasted my money..??"

Cat.

You don't need to be a member to shoot practice, you do need to be a member of the CPSA if you want to shoot registered competitions, which are generally held on Sundays.

I don't know what they charge for practice, they're not the cheapest ground in the land, but you do get quality targets.

Cat.

Southdown is my local

as i work shift work it's handy that it is open pretty much every day too

100 sporting practise is £25

DTL & Skeet & FITASC all £6 for 25

just turn up and shoot best to go with company as there is not always a boy readily on hand to button for you

give us a shout if and when you go if you like be a good excuse to get out

by the way throdgrain where do you normally shoot? if you don't mind my asking as i too am on the look out for somewhere new

I shoot every week at Gatwick clay pigeon club. Its nothing like the ones described here :good: A old portacabin for a club house, another for the toilets.

But they are reasonably friendly, put up with me and my matt black guns, and are only 2 miles from my house ;) Be glad to see you or any other PW members there though, just gimme a shout, my names Mark.

• 2 years later...
I shoot every week at Gatwick clay pigeon club. Its nothing like the ones described here :welcomeani: A old portacabin for a club house, another for the toilets.

But they are reasonably friendly, put up with me and my matt black guns, and are only 2 miles from my house :yes: Be glad to see you or any other PW members there though, just gimme a shout, my names Mark.

Saturdays or Sundays - where abouts - any more details

Southdown is my local

as i work shift work it's handy that it is open pretty much every day too

100 sporting practise is £25

It's £27 a 100 now tosspot :good:

Pretty pleased I live only 5 mins down the road from Southdown then if you all think it's so good! It's the only ground i've been to so have nothing to compare it to.

Probably not the best ground to start out on then, as i've been about six times and only just broken the 60% mark!

You don't need to be a member to shoot practice, you do need to be a member of the CPSA if you want to shoot registered competitions, which are generally held on Sundays.

Cat.

As many grounds were allowing non cpsa members to shoot along side CPSA competition members at registered shoots, on the basis that if they did not do it there were insufficient entries to make a registered viable, the CPSA introduced a "Day Ticket" scheme that allows a non cpsa member to buy a day entry and shoot the registered layout, but not be eligible for classifications etc. Its optional whether or not grounds do this. Theoretically a registered shoot is exclusive to CPSA members unless the day ticket scheme is being implemented. Don't know if Dave runs day tickets as I'm a member so it has never affected me( any -one know??), but even if there is a reg comp on the ground is big enough that there is still plenty of diversity to entertain a shooter. Pool shoot, Compact layout, Skeet , DTL, sometimes ABT, and a FITASC practice area. While some of these layouts / traps are incorporated into the larger shoots, there always plenty of non-reg things going on you can play with even if you dont want to shoot the 100 or 120 ESP layout. And, finally but not least, if you want a good breakfast, you will have to go a long way to beat the full english!