What to do with empty cartridges? How about fridge magnets.

aris

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WAAAAY ahead of you matey :P

70mm clear hulls + a poundland set of multicolour battery LED lights!

2013-04-17_12_02_59.jpg

To this in the dark! :D

2013-04-17_12_03_09.jpg

still need to recrimp the open ends though.

Quite happy with it up to now though.

Edited by Lord Geordie

WAAAAY ahead of you matey :P

70mm clear hulls + a poundland set of multicolour battery LED lights!

2013-04-17_12_02_59.jpg

To this in the dark! :D

2013-04-17_12_03_09.jpg

still need to recrimp the open ends though.

Quite happy with it up to now though.

Looking spot on them mate :good: im off to empty poundland :lol:

Do poundland have these in store now? As for the crimp, just shove another cartridge in the other end. Perhaps cut it shorter and slice it vertically to ease insertion.

They come into poundland every christmas. They dont have any on the shelves but just ask when you go in as they MAY have some in the warehouse.

Came up with another plan for the lights

I removed the bases from some other carts. Trimmed off the crimp on the carts I am using and then slide the bases over the top like this

2013-04-18_12_10_04.jpg

a few put on the string. I now need new batteries as these are dying.

2013-04-18_12_11_51.jpg

Edited by Lord Geordie

Isn't that what I suggested above? :-)

Close! But no Cigar :P

I actually heated the base and when its hot.enough the whole plastic component of the cart slides out leaving simply the brass cap!

To have followed your idea of slitting the plastic to ease one into another wouldn't have worked. Plus it would have left a lip, where as this way does not. :good:

I am going to have a real muck about with these. I need a trip to the clay grounds for some more empties. May drop a set off for the clay club for their tree this year too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tomorrow I will be snoozing as I have a midnight shift tonight :no:

Worst shift of all. Love the earlies as I am done by mid day.

You can always drop me a bag of 70mm hulls off on your way home :lol:

Want to get up to the club on Tuesday morn if your about????

Edited by Lord Geordie

Tomorrow I will be snoozing as I have a midnight shift tonight :no:

Worst shift of all. Love the earlies as I am done by mid day.

You can always drop me a bag of 70mm hulls off on your way home :lol:

Want to get up to the club on Tuesday morn if your about? ???

Tues morn should be fine mate, will give you a hand sifting through shells after firing some :lol:

on my way home no chance only live 4 mins away :yahoo:

Edited by maxus77

They look really good, I want to get some used carts now :) . By any chance do either of you maxus77 or lord Geordie shoot at Steve smith shooting ground and would give me a few spent carts? Just I don't have a shot gun (yet) but I will be going up with my air rifle.

Yes Karl I do! And Yes I can get you some fired shells.

i made a clock, and also used the plastic in air rifle silencers as baffles, and the brass as end caps. and also use them on the bottom of sticks. Air rifle targets as they fair ping when you shoot them. I have one tied to a shoe lace at 30 yards that i shoot at to check my zero before hunting.

i made a clock, and also used the plastic in air rifle silencers as baffles, and the brass as end caps. and also use them on the bottom of sticks. Air rifle targets as they fair ping when you shoot them. I have one tied to a shoe lace at 30 yards that i shoot at to check my zero before hunting.

I used to use Water Bombs tied with a bit of string from a tree at 20 yards. I ised to shoot the string with the Falcon. The bombs that didnt burst I would shoot on the ground.

Will pop back up next tuesday then if you there :good:

Need a good bag of clear pigeon or Kent clear hulls :yes:

Twas a bit of a sombre day anyway! I found out old Sid passed away around Christmas and they scattered his ashes out in the pasture facing the Skeet layout today while I was there! :no:

He will be missed. He was a nice chap and very much a character :lol: :lol:

Edited by Lord Geordie

i've ued them for years on the end of sticks,easy to replace if you loose them too.a mate of mine...now read this carefully..... glues a tea cup to a saucer,glues a spent cartridge to the BOTTOM of the saucer,in the middle,"brass" to saucer,insert a stick to the cartridge.thus the cup&saucer can "sit" on the stick..With me so far? fill the cup with seed,stick it in the garden& BINGO a bird feeder!!!! we have tits in our cup.....make ya own jokes!!!!

i've ued them for years on the end of sticks,easy to replace if you loose them too.a mate of mine...now read this carefully..... glues a tea cup to a saucer,glues a spent cartridge to the BOTTOM of the saucer,in the middle,"brass" to saucer,insert a stick to the cartridge.thus the cup&saucer can "sit" on the stick..With me so far? fill the cup with seed,stick it in the garden& BINGO a bird feeder!!!! we have tits in our cup.....make ya own jokes!!!!

You're strange down there! :lol: