What to do with empty cartridges? How about fridge magnets.

aris

Anyone got any crafty ideas for empty cartridges? Here are some fridge magnets I made. I cut them down - but not all the way to the brass - I left a few mm of plastic. Then I put some neodymium magnets inside. You may need to fill them in with a wooden dowel and use some epoxy or something depending on how deep the brass is.

One other thing i've seen before is a coat hook made with cartridge brass. Looked quite smart!

o26v3tC.jpg

If you have any other ideas or seen anything interesting please post.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the bathroom light pull string idea. Just need to add a bit of weigh to it.

I did this once with an old spice aftershave bottle :lol:

Just weight it with sand put string in then glue gun the end to hold the string and keep the sand in.;)

Or use a loaded shell, it's full of lead! Drill through the primer and bobs your uncle and fanny is your A&E nurse :lol: :lol:

I am joking of course !!!!!!!!

Think that chair is FAB!

I saw a set of the tree lights either last year or one before on fleabay. I bid on them but didn't win. May try making some perhaps. I am thinking a better idea would be introducing a clear plastic capped cylinder in then crimp it off. But I would insert tue bulb through the primer port.

Try crimping an empty cart :oops:

You will need a clear tube and cap to stop the crimp inverting. I am gonna give it a go. See how I get on.

Does it need to be crimped? I thought I would just put some small holes about 1cm from the opening, and then cut down to them. The wires would slide down the cuts and sit in the holes. This would not work well for outdoor lights, but I'm not sure I would want to advertise a shot gun outside my home anyhow.

Does it need to be crimped? I thought I would just put some small holes about 1cm from the opening, and then cut down to them. The wires would slide down the cuts and sit in the holes. This would not work well for outdoor lights, but I'm not sure I would want to advertise a shot gun outside my home anyhow.

My thought was use the primer.hole to insert the LED's

also before recrimping use a confetti style punch to cut out christmas tree shaped holes in the sides to project light through!

My thought was use the primer.hole to insert the LED's

also before recrimping use a confetti style punch to cut out christmas tree shaped holes in the sides to project light through!

Aha - nice idea if they fit. Perhaps instead of crimping you an wedge a 16 or 20 bore cartridge in the ther end to close it up with a bit of glue.