BSA super ten

kipper

Hello chaps and ladies. :lol:

I have got a AA S410k. .22cal. I am very happy with it and have no probs with it. :lol:

I am fancying a .177 as well. :good: ( I wont be selling the AA S410).

I like the look of the BSA Super 10 with the bull barrel, have you used one or have you got any views on them.:lol:

thanks in advance. kipper :no:

My dad had a super10 normel lengh in .177, there really well built guns, they are really accurate with barracuda match (bisley magnums are nerenuf the same) i could get hole in hole at 30 yards, if i had the money, id have one :lol:

There well ballenced and i could hold it dead still standing, about 200 plus shots per charge, what else would you wont in an airgun :good: and plus if you really wanted to turn to an FAC it only takes two tics the put it upto around 30ftlb :lol: but for that id prefer a .22 :lol:

I used to use a superten (in .22). It was a lovely gun, I only ever put accupels through it and it was accurate as hell. Only reason I chopped it in was because we couldnt afford a charger bottle at the time and it was a major pain having to get it refilled!

I wish I had bought mine in .177... let me know how you get on.

ZB

Thanks for replies chaps. :stupid:

I do like the look of the BSA Super ten and from your replies so far nobody has said a bad word about them.

Apart from them being pellet fussy but I think most Air rifles are pellet fussy. :stupid:

do any of you know the weight of the super ten is.

thanks again for replies chaps.

Kipper:)

thanks for replies chaps. :lol:

The super ten is a little heavier than the S410K then. :shout:

Its also a little more expensive :lol:

I'm considering buying a AAS410k in 177. then when I get my FAC I can sell the .22 S410 I have got now and get the Extra Fac S410 in .22, does that make any sense :lol:

Thanks Kipper :lol:

Two of my mates have S10's. The one has a BB carbine in .177 and yes it's pellet fussy and a tad on the loud side, my other m8 has a .22 Fac running around 36ft/lbs and he gets around 30-40 shots per charge and it puts bis mags pellet on pellet at 40yds no probs....I found the BBK a little bit short for my liking but thats not saying anything bad about them, they are really easy to shoot... :shout:

Most replies on here are concerned with ownership of a S10 in the past. ie had one and moved on which is exactly what I did. They only seem to like bis mags in .177 and the cigar unit (reg) is unreliable. It's worth noting that Lloyd at BAR won't sell them due to the issues they have.

Most replies on here are concerned with ownership of a S10 in the past. ie had one and moved on which is exactly what I did. They only seem to like bis mags in .177 and the cigar unit (reg) is unreliable. It's worth noting that Lloyd at BAR won't sell them due to the issues they have.

Im glad I did not just rush out and buy one now :good:

the reason I braught my AAS410 in the first place was because there very reliable, light weight, accurate, easy to use and very Quiet. just about everythin the super ten is not :)

I will stick with what I know works well. :blush:

Thanks again for the replies and sharing your personal experiances / views.

Kipper :lol:

I had my old BSA S10 Mk2 Karbine in .177 blueprinted by the rifle designer, John Bowkett. That involves hand finishing and balancing the gun, removing any of the tolerances to metalwork that may have crept in through mass production.

It would ONLY shoot with Bismags, it was VERY loud, like a long, loud farting noise, it was lovely and pointable, butthe magazines were problematic.

After 3 months of trying to get on with the gun I gave up and part exchanged it at Blackpool Air Rifles for a Rapid Mk2. Now you know that made sense... Funnilly enough BAR no longer sell S10's, now THAT speaks volumes in itself.

I' also previously had an S410k and to be honest the BSA doesn't even come close.

I'd look at Daystates before BSA, for some reason the BSA guns I've used have all needed filling to stupidly high pressures, 232 bar etc, now try doing that on a stirrup pump!!! :good: (I have my own bottle, but even that means fewer fills out the cylinder).

M