Canal Boat

My dad lives on a narrow boat and stores his gun on the boat in his safe. His cert was issued by Derbyshire constabulary and they came out and paid him a visit to check the location of his safe and that it was fixed securely but they had no real issues with him travelling around but think they asked him to contact the local constabulary if he was stopping in the area for a prolonged period.

Have you travelled in a boat in the winter ? We have had a lot of Narrowboat holidays and though very expensive holidays we loved it, it was my dream when I retire to downside the house and travel the canal network, then we did a winter holiday and we changed our mind, cold wet and damp, you probably have investigated it, just mentioning our experience, then I am a big baby !

If you do go ahead I hope it works out, on a great day there is nothing better or more relaxing , than slowly chugging away on our beautiful canal network.

I live on one with my guns have done for 2 years living the dream

As for cold in the winter that's tosh you were on a hire boat that's not set up to cope .As soon as the log fire is lit it's as good as toast .

Pm me your phone number punt gun we will have a chat

Thanks for all the advice, I am glad it is possible.

Stokie, sounds like you have it made, I couldn't think of anything better than to moor up and go shooting.

Keep on riding the ocean waves.

D

Blimey, What blooming canal are you on ? (Suez maybe?)