shooters of Stafford help needed

hi all i have now waited 9 weeks for my licence to come back im with west mids but they have merged with Stafford shire iv just been told it has not yet been looked at and that they are not sure where my licence is.. plus she told me for a variation for a bigger cal than my 243 i have to have a interview this sound rubbish to me but is this the practice of Stafford shire police force ?????

hi all i have now waited 9 weeks for my licence to come back im with west mids but they have merged with Stafford shire iv just been told it has not yet been looked at and that they are not sure where my licence is.. plus she told me for a variation for a bigger cal than my 243 i have to have a interview this sound rubbish to me but is this the practice of Stafford shire police force ?????

It is not uncommon for applicants submitting a variation for a c/f to be visited by an feo, particularly when it's their first. A young chap in the village had a visit when he added a .223 having had .22LR for a couple of years. I also had to write to them confirming my willingness to mentor him.

Remember that each case it treated on it's own merrits.

The visit has nothing to do with the larger calibre it will be needed if there is an increase in the number of guns held.

I am with staffs and they are very efficient, but are straight with everyone. 1:1 variation swapping a 9mm rifle for a 2nd 50cal (50bmg) turnaround 3 days no visit. Added an extra gun a couple of weeks later, just a 357 and had a visit. Turnaround was still only 2 weeks though.

9 weeks so far for an initial grant is not long at all.

its not a initial grant its a variation 9 weeks going on 10 for a variation is bad. i kicked up a fuss yesterday and now my licence is in the post today ?????

i had a call last night and everything is fine with no faults and no visits a call was all he needed as im open ticket and have the right land

As slimshooter says there are many differing rumours about the West Mids and Staffs merger but the one thing that is clear is that nothing related to first time applications, renewals or variations is going to happen quickly in the West Mids area in the near future.

I'm two months into waiting for a first time application for a SGC and two weeks ago naively phoned to see how my application was going as I had seen on PW that others around the country were getting a visit from their FEO in two or three weeks only to be told by the lady I spoke to (presumably Maggie) that there is now a three to six month waiting list !!! as there are very few FEO officers now and they in fact now job share due to cutbacks.

50BMG...... I bet thats a beast. It would put a constant smile on my face thats for sure, am hoping to shoot something 50cal in america on our honeymoon later this summer ! :D

Send me a pm, ive got a couple! Sure I can arrange for you to tag along sometime?

We will be shooting them at the World Championship in Raton New Mexico July 2104 with team GB. Show the yanks how its done!

I get out with the 50s a couple of times a month on average, usually warcop and sennybridge.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

After having no response to emals & phone calls from West Mids Fireams Licencing for 3 weeks now, I sent an email to Staffs Firearms on Saturday 18th.

7:30 am Monday morning I had this response:-

Hello Mr ********* I can confirm that the merger of the two firearms licensing departments isstill going ahead. We haven't completely merged yet but we are doing somework for them. Depending on what your query is we may well be able to helpbut we haven't yet got access to many of their systems. RegardsP*** ******Firearms LicensingStaffordshire Police

Very speedy response to a weekend email, I hope that bodes well for all of their services.

My liscience took 4 weeks from posting to interview to comming in the post. I had Mandy for my interview and is a lovley lady and remembered me and my dad from when we applied for our shotgun Certs 18 months before. She told us that bret had a massive backlog and she took sum of his of his hands(mine and my dads just happend to be at the top of her pile)so just hang in there anybody