Air Arms S410 magazine problem

truckboy1

firstly check there is no pellet or other foreign body jamming it ,failing that strip it down and clean then reasemble it ,that should do the trick seems to me that something must be stuck inside it for it to be jamming up hope this helps,,, Evo

Hi Evo, thanks for that, I've got 2 x 10 shot mags and they both do it, I will take your advice and clean them both, I noticed when I cycle the bolt without a mag in the gun there is a brass piece that rotates the magazine, would you know if these ever fail?

There is also a mod you can do on the mags to preserve the life on the indexing spring on the gun. The mag has a spring and a ball bearing in it to allow only one index at a time. If you shorten this spring slightly (one coil) the mag will index with less force. :good:

• 10 months later...

I too have an Air Arms S410 that was not indexing properly. I purchased a new magazine and the problem continued. I then changed out the index post and the original magazine worked as designed. However, the new magazine still does not fully index. It appears to require slightly more force to move from one cylinder to the next (stiffer). I am glad the gun is working well with the original mag, but I would like to be able to use the new one too. I've read past articles about taking apart the mag and clipping the spring. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I too have an Air Arms S410 that was not indexing properly. I purchased a new magazine and the problem continued. I then changed out the index post and the original magazine worked as designed. However, the new magazine still does not fully index. It appears to require slightly more force to move from one cylinder to the next (stiffer). I am glad the gun is working well with the original mag, but I would like to be able to use the new one too. I've read past articles about taking apart the mag and clipping the spring. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

See post 11 :good: