A300 vs a400

Shotgun jimmy

Hi all,

Im considering buying a new Beretta semi auto for rough shooting. I want it to cycle anything from 71/2 to bb or even aaa cartridges.

Out of the two new Beretta models does anyone have a preference? I know there seems to be quite a price difference but putting that aside do you prefer a gas operated semi or inertia operated semi?

Thoughts are welcome before I make my decision.

Thanks

A300 is listed as 3" chamber.

I bought one 2 weeks ago and think it's a cracking gun.

Have only had about 40 shots through it, but it is already cycling a lot smoother/ quicker.

The reduction in recoil compared to my old sbs is amazing.

See my post in Sporting Pictures "First day out with my new A300"

Can't see any reason to spend larger sums of money on a gun for rough shooting. I managed to get in before the prices went up, so ticket price was £775 from my local RFD.

Thoroughly recommend, no issues so far either.

I ended up with an A400 because I got one for a cracking price. But the A300 is probably better value for money if you are buying new. The extra spent on the A400 gets you a rotating bolt (no deal maker as such), slightly nicer wood, and a stronger recoil system with two arms instead of a single onto the bolt. I also think the A400 is better looking but thats just me being a tart! Either way, you can't go wrong. 'Sa Beretta!

Edited by gibspoon

I've got an A400 xplor light and love it its smooth cycling & fast swinging also very easy to carry and a breeze to clean although you can't really go wrong with a beretta anyway the A300 is pretty much a no frills budget A400 think it only comes with 1 choke also but may be wrong the A400 only came with 3 for £1300 tight wads

• 2 weeks later...

both the a300 an a400 are gassers,i use a300 my mate uses the latter ive used them both the 400 is heavier and 31/2 in chamber,the 300 is 3in chamber but for my money they shoot the same,but quite a price difference if you dont need the bigger chamber go for the a300.