No Bang from reloads

I made up some 7,5 x 55 swiss loads to fire at the range today and none of them fired, all the privi factory loads were OK.No mark in the primers with the home load but a good strike in the centre with the factory. Now the home loads are exactly the same dimensions as the factory so I am confused, any sugestions ? I am using cci large rifle primers the gun is a K31 hitting the bull at 300yds today no problem

Primer pocket too deep?

Hard primer?

The only other thing would be a broken spring, but it fires factory loads.

If you've de primed them find the old primer measure them, and measure the cci that you are using see if there is any differance

Hope this helps.

(It was 6.5x55 yes?)

No he said 7.5 Swiss . I am not that familiar with the S. R. rifle but it sounds to me like the bolt is not closing properly on the reloads. Its a bit of an unusual bolt on that rifle, and the case has a very pronounced shoulder.

Does it definitely go click when you pull the trigger?

Edited by Vince Green

No he said 7.5 Swiss . I am not that familiar with the S. R. rifle but it sounds to me like the bolt is not closing properly on the reloads. Its a bit of an unusual bolt on that rifle, and the case has a very pronounced shoulder.

Does it definitely go click when you pull the trigger?

No idea unless it is a light strike on the primer.

I never cease to be amazed at the depth of knowledge some PW shooters possess. I had never heard of a 7.5 Swiss but evidently Vince is familiar with it.

Thanks everyone for your comments, the problem I am lead to believe is in the resizing, the lee dies that I have basically dosnt form the neck shape properly meaning the cartridge is not seating properly. The chap I spoke to is sending me over the correct details. I will try resizing again to see if it was me, I will also try and put a pic up so you can see the very slight mis shape neck