Ebay 'empty box' scam

Thunderbird

Just report it to ebay and if you bought it using paypal you should get your money back. Failing that find a cheap ipad to go in it and voila!! Prezzie time for D

:lol: For the avoidance of doubt it is not me that bought the bloody thing, I just feel it's an obvious scam and thought it was immoral.

But then as we are constantly reminded on PW about how the world is "going to the dogs," it's just another symptom of the desensitisation process isn't it?

Mind you a good condition Webley Airpistol box can go for quite a lot of money and it can be worth it if you have a mint condition gun with no box the box could make up to £100 difference to the price that you could get for the gun but somehow I do not think that a Ipad box will add that much to a used Ipad.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

:lol: For the avoidance of doubt it is not me that bought the bloody thing, I just feel it's an obvious scam and thought it was immoral.

But then as we are constantly reminded on PW about how the world is "going to the dogs," it's just another symptom of the desensitisation process isn't it?

Quite! Today empty boxes on ebay, tommorrow the gulag for all of us.

I sold an empty mobile phone box+ instructions and software on eBay for c.£20

I worked out there was a £30 difference between phones sold with boxes against phones without. (My phone got damaged so couldn't sell it)

I made it clear on the advert and had a good few bids. Buyer was chuffed and I checked his feedback a few weeks later and he sold a phone and box complete.

Not always a scam, but amazing what people buy :)

• 2 weeks later...

There was a con artist from s****horpe where I live selling pictures of expensive goods like iphones on ebay and they couldn't touch him until he slipped up one day and forgot to send the picture then trading standards were down on him and took him to court as they had been watching him and waiting.