British Lions Tour 2013

bullet boy

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe Bowe has been picked ahead of Cuthbert-what sense is that??

Can't believe why Bowe wouldn't be picked ahead of Cuthbert?? :lol:

Maybe I'm biased because Bowe is one of ours :)

I follow 'The Ulster Men' and watch TB regularly, I think he is a world class player and rightly entitled to his place.

Nothing against Cuthbert, also world class.

Lets hope for a good result tomorrow :good:

ATB Rich

That is a tough one, I'm kind of swinging towards Bow instead of Cuthbert to be perfectly honest.

Can't believe Bowe has been picked ahead of Cuthbert-what sense is that??

Im with Mr Hedd-Wyn on this.I think Bowe overall has the better rugby brain and positionally in defence is very good.Not taking away anything from Cuthbert,but only a blind or a naive man could honestly say Saturdays performance was good and changes had to be made.Imagine the press if that kick had went over and we had lost to a team torn apart with injuries and players playing out of position.Surprised the front row has been tinkered with as we were solid at scrum time till changes were made.Heres hoping we take the chances tomorrow as i remember in the 2nd test in 2001 the Lions played some of the best rugby i have ever seen with some class breaks but struggled to get over the try line in the first half and then got outplayed in the second.

Got exactly what they deserved.Pure arrogance from Gatland to carry on playing Vunipola with the state of the scrum and should be taken to book over that decision.Hes been a **** Lions charge even if we do get the win next week.Probably up there with Woodward as one of the least inspiring Lions tours.

WHEN THE HELL IS HE GONNA PLAY TUILAGI! If he leaves him out next week I'm going to write a strongly worded letter.

the aussies are just going to beat us up. we need some menace. Too many welsh pretty boys and not enough physical bite.

I think the bigger problem is too many english **** scrummagers in the front row.

I think the bigger problem is too many english **** scrummagers in the front row.

Its odd that you say that, as even the notoriously biased irish rugby pundit Paul Wallace said that Vunipola actually played much better in that match than people gave him credit for.

Also, im not entirely sure what game you were watching with **** english scrummagers, but when the front row was changed and Cole came on, the scrum was stabilised and started to turn the table on the Australians. I personally thought that it took a hell of a lot of character for Vunipola to come back and scrummage well again after some early losses.

WHEN THE HELL IS HE GONNA PLAY TUILAGI! If he leaves him out next week I'm going to write a strongly worded letter.

the aussies are just going to beat us up. we need some menace. Too many welsh pretty boys and not enough physical bite.

Its odd that you say that, as even the notoriously biased irish rugby pundit Paul Wallace said that Vunipola actually played much better in that match than people gave him credit for.

Also, im not entirely sure what game you were watching with **** english scrummagers, but when the front row was changed and Cole came on, the scrum was stabilised and started to turn the table on the Australians. I personally thought that it took a hell of a lot of character for Vunipola to come back and scrummage well again after some early losses.

Please take off your rose tinted specs and have a dig at your fellow countryman for having a dig at the Welsh first and then i will take you seriously.Then you might see the point i made,but i really really doubt it.

Edited by sako751sg

WHEN THE HELL IS HE GONNA PLAY TUILAGI! If he leaves him out next week I'm going to write a strongly worded letter.the aussies are just going to beat us up. we need some menace. Too many welsh pretty boys and not enough physical bite.

I'd have to disagree with you for once Chris.

I certainly wouldn't say there's too many pretty Welsh boys.If you think Halfpenny has done some superb kicking,North has been immense,Adam Jones,Jonathan Davies,Lydiate,Alyn Wyn have been there cos they are the form players in their position and then you have the captain Warburton.

Tuilagi certainly could make a difference but Roberts looks set to be fit for next week and you wouldn't leave O'Driscoll out cos he's been a rock!

Reckon they should start with the English front row - Corbisero - Youngs - Cole if fit just because they have played together before and they stuffed the South African front row in last summers tour. The back row did well but Croft needs more space to use his speed. The Welsh and Irish players in the three quarters did well - defence was excellent - perhaps give Tuilagi a run to see if he can make holes in there defence. Halfpenny is the man of the tour so far.

I would promote AWJ to captain (if he shaves that ****face) & field this side (barring injuries); Halfpenny, Bowe, Davies, Roberts, North, Farrell, Phillips, Heaslip, Tipuric, Croft, Parling, AWJ ©, Jones, Youngs, Corbisiero.

Reps; Hibbard, Vunipola, Cole, Gray, O'Brien, Youngs, Sexton, Tuilagi.

O'Driscoll to captain on Saturday, no better man for the job in my opinion

I agree. But they need a strong pack leader. They need a Paul O'Connell / Martin Johnston figure to keep the pack working as a unit. I can't see anyone who can fulfil that role.

Hibbard? Lydiate? No place at all for Croft?!

WG reverting to what he knows. Too many Welsh that don't know how to beat the convicts. It's one thing bullying England in your own backyard but the Aussies in Oz are a different matter. Aus 2-1 Lions I fear.

BOD dropped. Youngs brothers dropped. Heaslip dropped (not as surprising.) Vunipola dropped (not surprising at all!)

Corbisiero back. Roberts back. Faletau starting. Sean O'Brien starting. AWJ captain.

Richie Gray on the bench. Conor Murray on the bench.

This is either a genius re-shuffle or the actions of a desperate man. Saturday night will either see Gatland pronounced a genius or a chaotic, bumbling fool.

If the lions do win, I think he will be a lucky head coach.

Time will tell!

Edited by Big Al