Gun socks

amishboy

I have no idea if this tip has been mentioned before but rather than carpet the inside of my cabinets I looked up the price of gun wraps/socks call them what you will to stop damaging the woodwork.
Average price £19.99 per gun.
I had a light bulb moment and as I don't run any more I took my old running socks out of the draw and placed a sock on each gun.
No more annoying little scratches!
Places like TK Max sell long socks for as little as a fiver for a five pair pack!

Amishboy

Flea bay, search for Winchester gun sock - less than £8. Why pay more? If spending money is to be avoided at all costs and big socks not available then old pillow cases can be made to do the job.

Still trying to imagine socks long enough / big enough to cover a gun, the head pictures are becoming surreal!

£19.99 for a gun sock!!! They are in the £6.5-£8 region normally.

Just using an old sock or duster or something may be way cheaper but they aren't the same thing. Proper gun socks are sillicone impregnated to keep moisture out. They work extremely well.

J.

My "Woodside" gun socks arrived yesterday. Ordered them late Friday evening so excellent service from AWD/Amazon. The socks themselves are silicon impregnated and quite thick so offer good protection against cabinet dings. A very good product I think, especially at £4.79 each including postage. Going to get some more at that price for future additions to the collection. Not worth dicking around with old socks, etc at that price in my opinion. Might as well get something designed for the purpose in the first place.

My "Woodside" gun socks arrived yesterday. Ordered them late Friday evening so excellent service from AWD/Amazon. The socks themselves are silicon impregnated and quite thick so offer good protection against cabinet dings. A very good product I think, especially at £4.79 each including postage. Going to get some more at that price for future additions to the collection. Not worth dicking around with old socks, etc at that price in my opinion. Might as well get something designed for the purpose in the first place.

Where did you see them for 4.79 inc postage?

Take a look here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WOODSIDE-RIFLE-SHOTGUN-SHOOTING-HUNTING/dp/B009TPSXGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370340213&sr=8-1&keywords=woodside+gun+sock

£3.49 each plus postage. I bought 10 for which the postage was a rather steep £12.99 which works out at about £4.78 each. Even taking the postage into account this it still works out to be cheaper than I could find anywhere else. Very good service to boot, well pleased.