my bee's swarmed on sunday

stubby

On Sunday ! perhaps they went off to Church ?? :whistling: I have collected swarms in the past but I never knew where they came from except 2 & I let the owners attempt to recover them . Do you know where they have gone ? in old country law they are still yours so long as you can keep sight of them & so long as you are allowed to recover them from the property they are on .

Good luck & don't get stung !

If you have loads of queen cells in that wooden hive you need to knock a few out.You should be leaving just two with eggs or grubs in.If you do not each time a queen hatches it will fly when ready and take bees with her and you will be left with a hive with hardly any bees..

I tend to let the bees do what comes naturally, Im not so worried about producing large amounts of honey, although will be checking later today and maybe moving some queen cells around

Interesting video. I've got to ask, how often do you get stung with that massive suit on? I've always had a bit of a fear of wasps so I thought keeping bees might get me over that fear..

But then I realised I'm safer buying honey from the shop :lol:

as yet, never, and have kept bees since around this time last year, my bees are very docile though, I wear the suit as a precaution whilst Im handling the frames, but this clips shows others standing next to me unsuited, and my wife videoing, bees will not sting for the sake of it, wasps will

http://youtu.be/li9obrnaRZE

If you have loads of queen cells in that wooden hive you need to knock a few out.You should be leaving just two with eggs or grubs in.If you do not each time a queen hatches it will fly when ready and take bees with her and you will be left with a hive with hardly any bees..

they were play cups, my mistake, only 2 cells, now one

http://youtu.be/tMVfyg7F-yQ

You have lost me.What do you mean play cups.?

this is what my mentor tells me, play cups are like supersedure cups, but instead of being built middle of frame, they are at the bottom, never filled with either eggs,larvae,pollen,honey, just left, thus they get called play cups, maybe like baby rabbits practising tunnels with dug outs???

I know nothing, I just like keeping them, call on him for all the techno stuff,lol

Thats sweet :lol: Bet the wood is looking nice this time of year? Have you any more pic's to make us all want one of our own even more? :drool:

Paul.

heres one after we cut a pathway, to an area we will clear for camping

and this is a couple of weeks later, taking the kids over for a few hours