beretta A400 xtream max4

neillfrbs

Well I've got an sx3 and you can't fault it. It'll do everything the beretta can do in terms of wild fowling: 3 1/2" loads, tough resistant coating etc.

the sx3 is light, very reliable, and very point able, however its a wincheater and not beretta so the quality of plastics used may not be as good. With the beretta however you get the new kick off recoil system which wouldn't go a miss with heavy magnum loads I don't think and with the new gas system I'm sure it is ultra reliable. I've only held/mounted the beretta before and shot my sx3 quite a bit now haha but if I had that kind of money I would seriously consider the beretta it does look to be a cracking gun. But it's not worth the extra pennies if you're not going to hit much with it... I would try them both and see which you get on better with.

This probably hasn't helped but that's my opinion,

Dave

I have one and love it, far better quility than a SX3, mines never missed a beat with any shells up to 66gram, the balance is great, the action is smooth as butter and ultra fast, ive only cleaned mine 3 times and its never jammed, cannot fault it in any way apart from the price :/ , but as with everything in life you get what you pay for. Looked at the Maxus and it felt cheap and plastic, looked at the SX3 but didnt feel any better, when i picked the Beretta up it i was hooked, if felt quility and came up lovely, i use mine mainly for pigeon and duck shooting and with the kick off system its like firing an air rifle, the only other that interested me was the Benneli SBE but the action is inertia based, but did feel nicely balanced, if you want one gun to do everything that will last a lifetime its a no brainer fella, get your hands in yer pocket, you wont regret it,

P.S they have been out a while now and how many second hand ones do you see :rolleyes: tells a story

thanks guys going to go to the Avalon guns open weekend next week end and have a blast on them,see what I come back with ,tod if it is as good as you say its in the bag.cheers.

believe me you'll love it, but shop around as Beretta have recently put their prices up, i think the RRP for the Xtreme is now 2200 quid in max 4 camo :oops: i payed 1550 from Swillington shooting supplies 7 months ago, just shop about but be prepared to pay about 1700.

Not worth the extra for taking on the marsh to me, I didn't even spend the few pounds more for a Maxus over the SX3.

As for the comment on Beretta being far better quality, I shoot a Beretta clay gun, the SX3 is made in the FN Herstal factory and has no issues with qaulity. Most synthetic guns feel cheap and plasticky.

Try both and see what you like.

Do a search on Internet and some good reveiws come up.

Figgy

With the beretta however you get the new kick off recoil system which wouldn't go a miss with heavy magnum loads I don't think and with the new gas system I'm sure it is ultra reliable.

The kick off system if as smooth as and well worth it as there is no "jump" and so the second/third shot is still on swing and you are not trying to get back onto the bird/fox.