Lean to Porch

bodach

Hi,

Any budding builders on here, I want to make a porch 1.5m x 2m, that size I don't need planning permission.

Place to leave boots, coats etc., I have looked for plans on the net and all are American walk round porches.

Can get a UPVC but at £1,700 way too much, looking to make it out of timber on a concrete base.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bod

Hi,

Any budding builders on here, I want to make a porch 1.5m x 2m, that size I don't need planning permission.

Place to leave boots, coats etc., I have looked for plans on the net and all are American walk round porches.

Can get a UPVC but at £1,700 way too much, looking to make it out of timber on a concrete base.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bod

look at your man on Duck Dynasty built a whole office in hours lol.

£1700 for a UPVC porch unit doesn't sound bad at all to me, if its a proper porch with a front door and correctly fitted with abuttment trays along the roof line (assuming yours is a cavity wall). You can build a basic timber sided canopy cheaply enough but it depends how dry and secure you want it.

I designed a new-build vet's surgery a few years back and the entrance was via a porch of very traditional pitched roof, timber construction on a concrete base.

PM me your email address and I'll gladly send you a PDF copy of the drawing. I'm a real stickler for detail so you should have everything you need drawn out - just increase the dimensions as you wish.

Does that help?

Edited by Paul T