beretta A300 outlander

BIFFYBOY

hi

ive been looking at bying one of these guns and been looking on internet at the reveiws and they seem very good, but i woundered if anyone one had actually owned one and could tell me just how they recycled different shells and so on, any info appreiciated

Regards BIFFYBOY

Had mine since December 2011, 5,000+ shells through it by now. Like samboy, can confirm it is very happy with 32 and 50 gm loads.

Also use it extensively for clays, with use it has become increasingly forgiving of softer loads.

As an experiment, recently tried a few Hull Chrevron low recoil 28's. 1 out of 10 hung up, rest ejected but with the same energy and enthusiasm I exhibit before my first cup of coffee in the morning.

No problems now with any 'standard' clay loads including Hull Comp X's, would have doubts about a 21 gm load though.

If the Outlander follows the same path as my 19 year old AL390, it should get better and better with use. Would however recommend getting a spare connecting rod for long-term heavy use.

BIFFYBOY, should you buy an Outlander, I am fairly confident you will be happy with it.

Edited by Sandbank

My Outlander cycles 28gm cartridges OK and has not missed a beat in 16 months and about 9000 cartridges shooting clays.

Good value for money and if you have got a wood version the wood responds well to oil treatment.

Vic.

• 1 month later...

well I got my brand new outlander today,im going out tomorrow evening to see if I can bag a few pigeon or crows ill'be using gamebore clear pigeon cartridges 32g 6s hope it performs aswell as it looks but I was a little let down where the fore end of the gun meets the receiver there is a tiny bit of movement about a mil if that gunsmith told me that it was ok so we will see,ill let you know tomorrow how it performed

Mine had a very small amount of play there too. I have regularly oiled it since getting it in May and its now a snug fit.

cheers m8 nice to know that, ive been out with it and love it 2nd shot dropped a woodie what really bothering me is cleaning it properly I only cleaned the barrels out when I got back its my first auto so not familiar with the parts altho when you strip it theres only about four parts to it.i will take it yearly to gunsmiths for a full service