follow that tractor

rascal72

While out looking for new permissions today looking at fields and fields with no farm buildings or tracks and scratching our heads I as the driver decide to follow a tractor.... After folowing said tractor for a couple of miles one of the mates says that looks like a big posh estate we wouldnt have a chance on there just as the tractor turned in to the farm road big sign **** hall still following about another mile up the drive wr are greeted by a chap asking can he help ? I explain that we are looking for new permission to shoot pigeon and corvids this is greated by a laugh and a call to the tractor driver who turns out to be the lads father and land owner who promply says bloody hell where were you a couple of months ago I could do with someone reliable so if youve got your kit and fancy setting up down near that eood there and give me your names and numbers heres my details by the way just disconnect the gas scarer while your down there this is approx 600 acres oh and by the way my brother down the road wants someone too he has about same as me... Well worth the 6am start and 130 miles plus journey for some new permission

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a lot of this kind of thing about, its how I picked up a couple of perms this year . for some reason people like to have as many perms as possible but dont actually go shoot them on a regular basis. One of the places had clear out of shooters (20 in fact) as they had not shot for at least a year.

Outlander

Been in regular contact with this farmer and having our first outing this weekend. This is only due to the farmer not wanting standing crops shot over so communication is the key here and being available when required by the farmer. Days off work booked and looking forward to a good few days clearing some flappy things as the misses calls em :)