Bunny bashing with the HMR again

Tod

Went over to have an hour or two with Tex yesterday teatime when it cooled down a bit with the HMR, dont know if its the hot weather but there didnt seem that many about and mostly the ones we saw where young, it was the first time out since changing scopes and i think i may be regretting getting rid of the Viper i had on it, sold it and bought a Leupold VX1 in 3 x 9 x 50 which i though would be better suited to the HMR but im having second thoughts now, dont get me wrong the Leupold is a great scope and clarity is better than the Viper up to about 70 yards then after that i think the Viper was better, although 6 x 24 x 56 was too much for the HMR as i rarely used more than 14 - 16 mag i just think 3 x 9 isnt enough for 100 yard head shots, it would be better suited to a 22lr or FAC air in my opinion, the jury is out on this, maybe i just need to get used to it, off to America soon so may have a look whats available over there if the dollars good, anyway had an enjoyable 2 hours and managed 9 bunnies.

Cheers Tex, roll on harvest :good:

post-53283-0-79519900-1373926523_thumb.jpg

excellent shooting bud,,some of those rabbits look big,

how are you getting on with the NV mate

cheers Bob

Hi Bob, only been out with it once and it was pretty good, could see 100 yards easy to shoot rabbits, could easy pick sheep out at 200 yards (not to shoot) but just changed scopes so need to make another adapter. Got an mp4 player to record with, just need to get out with it :/ been doing a bit of messing with the iscope software for recording in the day.

Edited by Tod

a little tip mate,,buy yourself a Samsung ES67 and with the same tube for your bullet cam fit the camera in place and your sorted for daytime recording mate, it also films in colour aswell and will show exactly what you would see through the scope including the crosshairs its excellent and you can pick the cameras up very cheap second hand £10-20

hope this helps, have a look on my you tube channel for some vids using this setup

all the best Bob

a little tip mate,,buy yourself a Samsung ES67 and with the same tube for your bullet cam fit the camera in place and your sorted for daytime recording mate, it also films in colour aswell and will show exactly what you would see through the scope including the crosshairs its excellent and you can pick the cameras up very cheap second hand £10-20

hope this helps, have a look on my you tube channel for some vids using this setup

all the best Bob

will do, cheers Bob

Nice shooting Tod...I've got a MTC Taipan 6x24x56 on my 455 .17hmr as you know they are spot on for head shots at distance...I just bought a MTC Mamba 4x16x50 from Ron daleys at the weekend it's the one with the German A4 sniper reticle (just a dot) I've put it on my 455 .22 and its a cracking scope infact iam thinking about putting it on the hmr instead.

Nice shooting Tod...I've got a MTC Taipan 6x24x56 on my 455 .17hmr as you know they are spot on for head shots at distance...I just bought a MTC Mamba 4x16x50 from Ron daleys at the weekend it's the one with the German A4 sniper reticle (just a dot) I've put it on my 455 .22 and its a cracking scope infact iam thinking about putting it on the hmr instead.

New it was a mistake selling the Viper :blush:

I've got an mtc genesis on my hmr now tod. I think it suits the gun better than any other I've used on it. I'll be sticking with the genesis, I could recommend one. Good shooting fella.

Sounds like a plan fella, the genesis is a good scope